Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Oil Catch Can Finally

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 06:21 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Oil Catch Can Finally

A turbocharger is it's own back pressure, so your good to go there. The Mopar/Borla exhaust is just as good as the 3" exhausts until you get into the 300+ horsepower range. After that (over 300 horsepower) you will need the larger exhaust to keep up with the turbo's air flow demands.[sm=smiley2.gif]

Old 05-24-2004, 04:32 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be in Montana in 2 weeks.....with a "rental car" though....[:'(]

As for us "knowing so much", RR has owned Mopars since the dark ages and I just read everything that comes my way....[sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley36.gif]

Old 05-25-2004, 01:04 AM
Barneydriver
Captain

Couple things- 1st, I chose not to remove my filter element because the air comes into the can around the outside edge of the can (outside the filter), and is sucked (or pushed, however you choose to look at it- technically it's not a vacuum I suppose) up through the filter- therefore, concievably, without the filter you could suck the oil back up the middle before it collects in the bottom of the container. Obviously you can choose whichever way you think works best for you.
2nd- If you twist off the bowl (which is what I do) be careful not to lose the rubber gasket that sits right on top of the bowl and seals it to the top- you won't even notice it if you don't know it's there (I didn't until I knocked it loose and almost dropped it).

Old 05-25-2004, 01:14 AM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

You're right about the gasket....it's very thin and hard to spot, even worse after it hits the ground....[:'(]

Old 05-25-2004, 07:46 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

Yeah. My ex-stepbrother knocked his off while checking the oil in his on the Shelby Z.[sm=smiley29.gif] He almost lost it trying to put it back on around the outside at the top. I had to do it for him, it goes at the top on the inside where there is a lip for it.[sm=smiley2.gif]

Old 05-25-2004, 08:37 AM
roachnigga
Record Breaker

Now im a little shakin up[&:]. Im about to recieve my Exhaust from Maxxfab, D-pipe & O2 housing included, FMIC, S2 w/ toys, when ever it gets here, and in the future, an EBC (Greddy Spec B II). With all this added on i will be well over 300 hp, after dyno & tunning. my concern is, will my exhaust hold? Did i just wasted $$ on the exhaust?[:@]

ORIGINAL: 71RoadRunner

A turbocharger is it's own back pressure, so your good to go there. The Mopar/Borla exhaust is just as good as the 3" exhausts until you get into the 300+ horsepower range. After that (over 300 horsepower) you will need the larger exhaust to keep up with the turbo's air flow demands.[sm=smiley2.gif]

Old 05-25-2004, 08:58 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

I have the perfect solution for your worries, put in an exhaust cut out. When you go to the track or go to race someone, just uncap the cut out and then you'll be running an open exhaust that dumps before the cat. And if you want to really mess with people, get an electric exhaust cut out. This way you don't even have to get out of the car, you just flip a switch and now it's an open exhaust race car.[sm=smiley15.gif][sm=smiley2.gif]

Old 05-25-2004, 05:01 PM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

Electric exhaust cut out!?!? Man, I'm showing my age, last time I had one of those it was cable operated from the dash, kinda like popping the hood or trunk...[&:]

Old 05-25-2004, 08:26 PM
roachnigga
Record Breaker

This may be dum.. [:'(] but, i never heard of either. what is it? this "cut out" thing?[]

Old 05-26-2004, 10:44 AM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

It's a "Y" shaped piece of exhaust pipe with one tip going to the muffler and the other going out a straight pipe, the choice of which is controlled by a valve in the middle of the pipe. In the OLD days, the valve was controlled by a cable, like your hood release. Now, I guess they have electric ones....[sm=smiley4.gif]

Quick Reply: Oil Catch Can Finally