Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Intercoolers

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 06:34 PM
aalva79
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intercoolers

Has anyone added an aftermarket intercooler and is it worth it? what gains can i expect.
Another thing, does anyone have the problem that the brake light come on under hard acceleration?

just wondering thanks all

Old 02-27-2006, 07:18 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion
Default RE: Intercoolers

Brake light coming on means your slightly low on brake fluid, pop open your hood and add some Mopar DOT 3 or DOT 4 brake fluid and it'll go away.

Aftermarket FMIC? Dont bother if your stock, you'll lose boost. If you have supporting mods upgraded chillers are great.

Old 02-27-2006, 09:02 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

with just basic bolt-ons i wouldn't go for a bif fmic, but an upgraded direct fit one wouldn't be bad. but then again it's kinda of a waste if you need to get another one later on.....yea i know all about that as i just went through that [:@]

Old 02-28-2006, 01:25 AM
black4
Record Breaker

im going with a clipped and ported turbo do you think the direct fit would still be the best answer?

Old 02-28-2006, 04:44 AM
PSI Chick
Champion

that depends on what your final goal is. for just a basic clip and port, yea a direct fit is fine. some of the cars that pt performance has come out with on the clipped and ported turbo are doing mid 11's or so, and at that level you really would want the big fmic.

you sure that's the best option for you? there are other options out there...it would just suck to go through the cost and hassle of doing work on the stock turbo only to want to upgrade it later on.

Old 02-28-2006, 06:52 AM
black4
Record Breaker

well im getting that and a p/p head with crowercams springs,retainers,valves and cam gears and if that is not good enough then i would only go with stg3 down the road.

Old 02-28-2006, 02:30 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

sounds like a good set up (very similar to mine! haha). i would suggest NOT going with crowler cams though, they're known to crack. crane's are a better choice....

Old 03-01-2006, 04:09 AM
black4
Record Breaker

so what intercooler do you recomend for this setup?

Old 03-01-2006, 12:20 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

you could really go with either a big front mount or a direct fit. you would probably benefit more from a direct fit with the stock turbo, but a s3 turbo would benefit from a bigger fmic. so if you're planning on going stage 3 in the near future, just get the big one. you don't want to have to buy two fmic's!

the agp race or the exhaust depot beast would be the two to choose from. people are also getting great results from the cti fmic, but personally i don't like the look of it, but you should take a look at all three and see which one appeals to you more. i just upgraded to the ed beast and i'm loving it

Old 03-04-2006, 08:56 PM
Bruins013
Professional

i gained 15 whp and 20 wtq with the CTI but like PSI chick said the look isnt for everyone

Quick Reply: Intercoolers