Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

really lazy

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006 | 02:19 AM
BB
Professional
Default RE: really lazy

LSP, no time really sucks. But I really would like to see pics of that new valve cover installed. Could it be possible to paint your plug wires?

Old 03-24-2006 | 02:46 AM
WhtLightning
Professional

My money is still on that the weekend does not end with un-installed parts!!

Old 03-24-2006 | 10:33 AM
bigham
|
Veteran

whtlightning yea i have a 9 year old turning 10 this sunday so i have been with him when i am not working buying him his birthday present so i have to wait to next week besides i just ordered more parts so i will take 1 day and do nothing but pamper it with new parts good conversation and a good wasing and waxing when i am all done with her

Old 03-24-2006 | 11:20 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

Theres really nothing I can paint them with, without it cracking due to the fact that they're very flexible and run at a high heat. I can give it a whirl, but I REALLY doubt its going to work.

The VC should be here Monday, maybe Ill try to get the other stuff in on sunday, depends on what time im working. Egh. Shoot me.

Old 03-24-2006 | 01:31 PM
BB
Professional

LSP, spark plug wires - how about wire wraps or wire looms. Auto parts stores have them and also stereo stores. They should have them in different colors. I have a feeling you want pink but that may be hard to find. Just a thought. Radio Shack, Best Buy, or maybe Crutchfield. You can research them on the internet. Good luck.

Old 03-24-2006 | 08:17 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

I'm actually probably going to go with Blue. Ill see what they have and go from there, I'll try painting them first, if it doesnt hold up, then wire loom it is, but DAMN do I hate wire loom.

Blue/Black/Silver/Pink are my four favorite colors, and the colors that Im working with on the car. Though I do have some purple undercar neons coming in, these Im gonna install in the center of the undercarriage so that the center of the underbody glows purple, with a white perameter around it. I'll also have the two tiny purple tubes mounted in the front of the grille to accent the stock intercooler, and the aftermarket FMIC that I have in the cards.

Old 03-24-2006 | 08:57 PM
BB
Professional

LSP sounds great, please post some pics when your done.

Old 03-25-2006 | 03:00 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

No problem. I put the S2WGA in tonight, so I got SOMETHING accomplished.

I've got a few interior tricks up my sleeve as well, that project will be started on Sunday afternoon/night. Finished probably next weekend.

Monday when I get out of class the new Valvecover goes in, (hopefully), I have new Blue wires coming in and Im selling my red ones to someone with a red SRT on Sunday, if not tomorrow night.

Still to go in:
180 T-Stat
Hose Kit
VC (waiting)
Boost Gauge (waiting)
Gotta fix the TIP sensor
Re-gap the plugs a bit closer
G-Timer (waiting)
MM Inserts (waiting)

Yeah I need to get off my *** and stop being lazy

Old 03-25-2006 | 04:05 AM
whoosh
Champion

Wow, that's a lotta **** (not literally) to put in! Pics when you're done please, and don't tire yourself out..[8D]

Old 03-25-2006 | 04:20 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

I too am on the lazy list as I still need to put in my triple gauge pillar with oil pressure, volt and EGT gauges, as well as my pressure pipe and booger bushings. This is stuff I've had for some time, but never got around to putting in.

Quick Reply: really lazy