Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Code I don't understand

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006 | 06:13 PM
turbobaby18
Default RE: Code I don't understand

I'm going tomorrow to have the car checked out by this shop. I thought if I cleared the code and it was still a leak the check engine light would come back on.

Old 04-19-2006 | 06:30 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

It will come back on eventually, just give it time.

Old 04-19-2006 | 07:00 PM
turbobaby18

Well I'm getting my catch can put on tomorrow so while they are under the hood I'll just have them check for any leaks.

Old 04-19-2006 | 07:12 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

Tell them to check the main solenoid, most specifically the one closest to the battery where the black line goes in (two or three down). Thats your factory wastegate line that could potentially be causing the problem. Theres alot of other reasons to throw that code too, but the stock WGA line is the most common.

Remember its not a boost leak, but a Vac leak that would cause this. Good luck and let us know how you make out cause this is bugging me and its not even my car!!

Old 04-19-2006 | 07:48 PM
turbobaby18

Ok I got everything you said and I will have it all checked out. The wastegate on my car looks pretty big and I'm trying to guess if its an adjustable aftermarket one. Does anyone have pics of under the hood of a stock srt-4?

Old 04-20-2006 | 02:02 AM
Pressurecooker
Record Breaker

Lil Spark has done a great job so far but I just want to add the "bad gas cap" could also simply have been a loose gas cap, and, your tranny is due a fluid change at 12,000. The book may give longer intervals, but everyone here will agree the fluid should be changed more frequently. (Much). Use either the Mopar recommended stuff with the extra additive or, use a good synthetic that meets the Chrysler specs. The only one I know of is the Redline C+___?(C+ 4 I think). That is what I'm currently using and I did notice a difference in shift quality immediately. The tranny takes approx 3 qts. I am running straight Redline with no suregrip (posi) additive with good results. Most will tell you to add the additive no matter what fluid you choose. Won't hurt. The Redline will cost approx 9.50 a quart by itself.

Old 04-20-2006 | 04:04 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

Heres your stage 2 wastegate:

Part numbers:

Adjustable nut:

Old 04-20-2006 | 12:44 PM
turbobaby18

That looks just like the one I have in my car. Is the stock one similiar or completely smaller?

Old 04-20-2006 | 12:58 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

The stock one is smaller, doesn't have an adjustable nut, and has different part numbers.

So you car isn't stock you may have stage II in the car. Or possibly just the wastegate. Check on the PCM (The computer that sits behind and below the driver's side headlight) and see if it says Stage II Turbo on it.

Old 04-20-2006 | 02:12 PM
turbobaby18

I think it is just the wastegate, When I lookeed at the pcm it looked like the stock one. I'll ask the guy tomorrow when I go to the shop. But if I had stage 2 then I would be boosting more then the 13-14 i am now

Quick Reply: Code I don't understand