Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

about SRT-4.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006 | 07:38 AM
black_tang_gang
Default about SRT-4.....

hey guys i just joined up with your forum to talk about an srt-4 my friend bought. i wouldnt have believed it but that thing will scream! it was a blast to drive and he was wondering how much more he could boost it on the stock motor. i figured this might be the best place to post this. the forum i use is mustangforums and they would thrash me for asking this and they prolly wouldnt know much about it anyways. this forum is set up identical to mine. i have over 3000 posts there. anyone know how much boost on a stoker though safely? thanks for the help. also, how much stock HP? i know i know, noob question but i want to try to run him when he gets used to it. im one of the "good" mustang owners your rarely hear about. the kind who appreciates a well built, fast car. i give you guys props on the srt-4 though. it feels around the same as mine and thats truely amazing..[:-]

Old 05-20-2006 | 10:36 AM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Default RE: about SRT-4.....

03 came stock with bout 215hp, 04 and up is 230hp. 0-60 is about 5.4, although different tests yeild different results. same goes for the 1/4 mile at about an even 14seconds. this is, of course, all bone stock... which many srt owners dont buy this machine to keep it stock. yes, a stock srt will snap a stock gt off the line. just hit up some basic research on the net... youll find lots. but its 0-60, 158 top 5 passanger car for under 20k. thats why i own one

Old 05-20-2006 | 01:56 PM
05dodgesrt4
Professional

Actually the gt will get the srt off the line in most cases and its the rest of the race the mustang has to worry about if i remember correctly with no other supporting mods you can run around 17psi but you would have to get a boost controller or a different wastegate also i think better exhaust someone will correct me if im wrong

Old 05-20-2006 | 02:14 PM
MEandmySRT
Professional

ORIGINAL: flamingpinhead

03 came stock with bout 215hp, 04 and up is 230hp.

That is HP measured at the wheels, I do believe.

Old 05-20-2006 | 03:34 PM
vaughn
Captain

yes ive read the stock turbo can handle 19psi.......and the rating figures from what ive read are front wheel readings

Old 05-20-2006 | 04:13 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator

ORIGINAL: 05dodgesrt4

Actually the gt will get the srt off the line in most cases and its the rest of the race the mustang has to worry about if i remember correctly with no other supporting mods you can run around 17psi but you would have to get a boost controller or a different wastegate also i think better exhaust someone will correct me if im wrong
yes, very true, one major thing that i failed to consider the mustang's superior traction at takeoff. considering the srt's traction on launch, for lack of better terms, sucks

Old 05-20-2006 | 11:49 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Dyno runs at Modern Performance show virtually stock 2004 SRT-4's running around 250 HP.......

Dusty

Old 05-20-2006 | 11:53 PM
black_tang_gang

he's gonna throw more boost to it for sure. i have a 347 stroker, edelbrock vic jr heads and rpm II intake, trickflow cam and all the other stuff, exhaust, all the bolt ons. i can beat a 97 cobra by 4+ cars. i know its gonne be a good race. im just wondering what ill be up against. if he owns me, ill catch hell from everybody in town.

Old 05-21-2006 | 02:27 AM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator

ORIGINAL: dustyloins

Dyno runs at Modern Performance show virtually stock 2004 SRT-4's running around 250 HP.......

Dusty

the true hp rating of the srt argument starts again?

Old 05-24-2006 | 12:02 AM
Racevette77
Professional

ORIGINAL: black_tang_gang

he's gonna throw more boost to it for sure. i have a 347 stroker, edelbrock vic jr heads and rpm II intake, trickflow cam and all the other stuff, exhaust, all the bolt ons. i can beat a 97 cobra by 4+ cars. i know its gonne be a good race. im just wondering what ill be up against. if he owns me, ill catch hell from everybody in town.
He wont be able to beat you with a stock SRT-4. Im thinking he'll have to atleast go stage 2 w/ toys. Allso tell him to upgragde his motor mounts and tranny mount for better off the line and less wheel hop and if he aint used to front wheel drive to be prepaird for "torque steer" - scarry if you have never encountered it b4.