Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

FSTB & Full Pillar Triple Gauge Pod

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 09:20 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: FSTB & Full Pillar Triple Gauge Pod

Was yours made to replace the original pillar or was it made to go over the original pillar?

Old 06-15-2004, 06:18 PM
Executioner
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The instructions were pretty generic and they said that it could be both but the way that I have it mounted is on top of the old one. It fits fine and it looked like it would be a pain to mount it without the old one. Do-able but a pain. The only thing that I didn't like about the pillar is the little black mounting "things". I couldn't find a place to put them that they wouln't show from the inside or the outside.

Old 06-16-2004, 09:44 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

That's what I noticed and didn't like. Why couldn't they mold the push clips the same as the pillar.[sm=smiley29.gif] Did you use the black push clips and how did you run the wiring, by running them between the new and old pillar at the bottom or making a hole in the original one to run the wires through? I think I'm gonna try using 3M double sided tape instead of the obvious clips.

Old 06-17-2004, 09:55 PM
Executioner
Rookie

I haven't run the wires yet becuase I only have three of the gauges and I am going to do it all at once (if you look close the top and bottom ones are pictures, I had a show) and the 3M is exactly what I am going to do! I have 3M velcro strips in there right now because of a show and I knew that I was going to have to take it off soon.

Old 06-18-2004, 09:28 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

I had noticed that, where it says "Coming Soon!" across them. I see that your going carbon fiber with yours where I'm going with the same as the boost gauge and the other gauges. This worked out perfectly too, because I had already bought 2 of the gauges I needed for my R/T and they are Auto Meter Pro Comp Ultra-Lite. They are the same silver face gauges as the SRT-4's, here's a pic of them as they were in my R/T (crappy picture, but you can see them):

[IMG]local://upfiles/193/Ay756190473.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-18-2004, 09:36 PM
Executioner
Rookie

yeah, I like the fact that dodge used real autometer gauges so you can match them but since my srt is yellow I saw the carbon fiber with the yellow accents and fell in love. I am going to reface the OEM gauges in a carbon fiber backing about the same. I was going to replace them with actual autometer gauges but I didn't want to mess with the way that the OEM gauges hook into the main system.

Old 06-19-2004, 05:46 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

I know what you mean. I was wanting to get the Auto Meter Cobalt series gauges for my R/T instead of the Pro Comp Ultra Lite, the black face matched my interior and the blue illumination and numbers matched my blue stripes and interior accent color, but the Cobalt gauges in the same 2 1/16" size cost around $100+ each. That price is frickin' retarded, but the 5" Cobalt Monster Tach is the same price as their other 5" Monster Tachs with the same features, go figure.[sm=smiley29.gif]

Old 07-15-2004, 07:40 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

OK, I've bought my third gauge finally. I went ahead and got an EGT gauge to keep tabs on the exhaust temps. I was leaning more towards an air intake temp gauge until I found out how much they cost, $300+.[sm=smiley3.gif] I still want to get an air intake temp gauge, but I want the 2 channel. This way I can have one sensor/probe before the intercooler and one after the intercooler right before the throttle body. With this set up I could tell exactly how effective and efficient the intercooler, intercooler sprayers, etc. are. But for now I have my EGT gauge to work with. I will install the gauges after the car gets repaired and the oil changed. I won't get the EGT gauge working until I get the O2 sensor housing and the rest of the exhaust up to my Mopar/Borla exhaust. This will also make the install of the probe easier.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 07-15-2004, 03:20 PM
roachnigga
Record Breaker

Hey, RR.

How was the install of the other to gauges? I want to install some myself, but im not a "wire chaser". And an EGT is one i would like to install. I appreciate some instructions on your end.

Peace

Old 07-16-2004, 07:02 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

I have yet to install them in the SRT-4. The volt gauge is simple, just hook it up to any power source, I hooked mine up in the R/T by hooking the wires up under a fuse in the fuse block in the side of the dash. The oil pressure gauge was not quite as easy, the sending unit was a pain on the R/T and I know it will be far more difficult on the SRT-4. On the R/T, I just replaced the factory sending unit with the one for the gauge and never had any idiot lights come on, but I have heard that it will on the newer cars, don't know about that though. The EGT will be easy, you can hook it up one of two different ways and it comes with everything you need to install it either way. Here is a direct link to the EGT installation instructions:EGT pdf

And here is a direct link to the other gauges instructions:Oil & Volt pdf

Quick Reply: FSTB & Full Pillar Triple Gauge Pod