Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Front Plate....Mod :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006 | 03:35 AM
LilSparkPlug
|
Champion
Default Front Plate....Mod :)

Well the bumper got repainted on Tuesday night, so I didn't put the plate back on until 24 hours later (complete curing time). So I went outside today and said Hmmm....Im gonna play with the plate bracket.

This was a quick 5 minute job, Im putting it in a vise and fixing it tomorrow, potentially welding it differently. We'll see what I come up with. More pix tomorrow.

Just wanted to see what you guys thought. I DO NOT have a hole in the crosshair, which is how I'm able to move it freely. And yes the grilles are removed.

Old 05-25-2006 | 04:30 AM
fhblake04
Professional
Default RE: Front Plate....Mod :)

Putting it on the side is deff cool...but I'd be scared about hitting something. Can you put it a little higher? Cars looking good!

Old 05-25-2006 | 06:08 AM
Four Banger Anger
Professional

oh man thats gross....you got better taste then that!!!! dont do it....people have done it and everyone gets bad feedback.....it could look better though if the car was lower or lowered(dont know if your lowered)

Jordan

Old 05-25-2006 | 07:51 AM
fhblake04
Professional

I'll tell you something pretty cool...In Japan a lot of people hinge their plates on the front bumper. At high speeds is actually lays flat as to let more air into the front area and to avoid photo radar. . It goes back normal when your doing lower speeds and at a stop. That would look interesting on a SRT. Hmmm...[sm=confused06.gif]

Old 05-25-2006 | 08:32 AM
vaughn
Captain

i think it looks better in the middle

Old 05-25-2006 | 10:51 AM
SRT_YA
Record Breaker

front plates are nasty!!!! ugh!!! sorry you have one!

it'd be neat if you could just put some vinyl stickers and put your numbers across the front "air dam"... "SF-971" across the front lower lip... but Johnny Law would disagree.

Old 05-25-2006 | 11:36 AM
Glacius
Rookie

MD requires a front plate but my car sure as hell isn't getting one lol

Truck has one, be happy with that

Old 05-25-2006 | 11:54 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

I absolutely hate front plates, and feel sorry that any one has to deal with them. Its stupid and its just another b.s. thing for the state to screw you with.

LSP: Dont leave your plate like that. It looks really bad, almost like those poor wannabe ricers. The swinging hinge plate idea wasnt too bad, but you'd need room under the car and I dont the SRT-4's sit high enough for that.

Too bad there isnt enough room in the front bumper to have it chopped and have the plate recessed into the front bumper....

Old 05-25-2006 | 02:20 PM
Gump
Record Breaker

on the dash...

Old 05-25-2006 | 02:30 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator

im so sorry you live in a state that requires front plates! I would hate the thought of drilling my front bumper to mount one. looks like a great alternative you chose. I would perhaps mount it a bit higher though. it kinda looks funny and might look better centered but then again it looks different if thats what your going for.

^im likin the dash idea... really is so stupid to mount a FLAT plate of such size on suck a curvy and smooth lookin front. its impossible to put it anywhere without disturbing the flow.

Quick Reply: Front Plate....Mod :)