Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

is this a good setup?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 05:58 PM
blue_srt4
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is this a good setup?

I have been wondering about this performance setup for a while now and im wondering what you guyz think. i currently have only a k&n cai.

k&n cai
stg 2 w/o toys
agp direct fit in-cooler
b&b 3" turboback exhaust

what else would i NEED to go along with this? is this a safe setup ? any help is appreciated.

Old 09-10-2006, 06:40 PM
05SRTStage3
Professional
Default RE: is this a good setup?

Yeah I think that is a good setup and it is safe. But if you want to keep your warranty I wouldn't change the intercooler. And incase you didn't know to mount that intercooler you may have to shave your front bumper mounts.

Old 09-10-2006, 07:31 PM
moparman04
Captain

the agp bolts right in but bye bye crash bar

Old 09-10-2006, 07:38 PM
blue_srt4
Professional

i thought the puprose of a direct fit intercooler was to keep the crash bar? and also my warranty is gone anyways, it was gone at 30k, i have 40k now lolz.

Old 09-10-2006, 09:02 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

just make sure you can keep your crash bar, i have heard it can cause issues with your insurance payout should you have a frontal impact without your factory bar, anyone heard about this?

Old 09-10-2006, 09:29 PM
yorksrt
Rookie

what about the Perrin front mount? i always hear everyone talking about agp or ed or spearco, etc., but what about the perrin? i'm thinking of purchasing it(even though it's 900 bucks) because it has its own "crash bar". supposedly there is no trimming or modifications needed to install it. but i can't find anyone who has actually put it on.

plus if you get stage 2, get the toys(unless you're going to run your own boost controller-very dangerous if not done right). You'll probably never use the sprayers but the high octane mode is just the motivation you need to get some sunoco.

a 3" turboback will be awesome, unless it doesn't have a cat. here in virginia some places look to see if you have a cat then they tap on it to make sure it isn't hollow. make sure you're state doesn't check that or you'll be having to swap in a cat everytime you need an inspection.

you also might want to start looking at wider tires before too long. stage 2 brought out a lot of problems for me that i've been slowly trying to remedy. wheel hop gets a lot worse(get motor mounts) then it turns to wheel spin(get bigger tires)

Old 09-11-2006, 04:55 PM
Pressurecooker
Record Breaker

Yeah, I second a lot of what has been said. As far as warranties and local emissions laws that's up to you. I highly suggest an oil catch can, better plugs, bigger tires, AGP or equivalent motor mounts if you will be dragging and with the stage 2 running rich, a larger throttle body. The motor mounts are a must if you race. Period. All the other stuff is highly recommended to round out the package and the OCC oil catch can is a must for all SRT-4's, stock or modded.

Old 09-11-2006, 08:39 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

it might be a dumb question, but how do you install the motor mounts? are they all load-bearing mounts and if so, will i need something to hold the motor up while installing them?

Old 09-11-2006, 09:47 PM
yorksrt
Rookie

well, they're actually not motor mounts. they are torque struts(just easier to say motor mount). the top one is easy to get to, the bottom one takes a little work, not much. then if you get the tranny mount, a little more work still. i have the agp struts and tranny mount and with a friend it took about 1 hour to do all three. i stuck a jack under the bell housing to do the tranny, but i don't think you need to support the motor while swapping the other two, just do one at a time. if you buy some, they should come with directions so just follow them. they make a hell of a difference and racecar style vibrations!

Old 09-12-2006, 05:02 AM
Pressurecooker
Record Breaker

As of this time, I only have the two bobble struts. you can replace one at a time. The top is real easy but the bottom requires you remove the right front wheel, a metal brace and some plastic. Still, pretty easy. They make a huge difference in controlling wheelhop, but they also send a lot of noise and vibes into the cabin. To the point that my wife was less than thrilled. So I tried swapping the top one only back to stock and it was a good compromise. The vibes and noise inside the car were much less and the wheelhop is not as bad, plus, when I go to race, I can swap the top back to the AGP in 5 minutes and have them both, then swap it again when I'm done. It has been working for me.......

Wheelhop is real bad for your car especially when running a bigger stickier tire.

Quick Reply: is this a good setup?