Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

mopar bov conversion kit... worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 03:57 PM
LoNeWuLf
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: mopar bov conversion kit... worth it?

Im wondering what it sounds like.

or even what makes that sound.

Old 07-16-2004, 04:28 PM
SRT_YA
Record Breaker

I have a video of someone (not me) with their Mopar BOV... unfort. the file is huge and I won't be able to upload it... when you are on the throttle, back off to shift, think air brakes on a semi truck... that is the best way I can describe the sound to you... PSSSHHHH is the sound... it only lasts for a few seconds if that (depending on boost and speed of you shift)... as far as how loud, well... loud enough that the cars around you will hear it and wonder what's going on...

the sound is caused by, well... "air blowing through a valve" - hence blow off valve... similar to when you let the air out of someone's tires using the valve stem... this is of course, a non-technical description

Old 07-16-2004, 04:39 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

That's a pretty accurate description....it really does remind you of air brakes on a semi!!![&:]

Old 07-16-2004, 08:19 PM
mrmeano21

If you just want the nosie of the blow off valve i would say go for it. But if you hevely tune this motor the mopar BOV acutualy restricts it i use to have one on my car but when i put the a new turbo kit on now on low boost my car pushes 17 pounds of boost at around 460hp the BOV restricted it so much i had to change it to the greddy type R after that i had better proformance out of my car.

Old 07-16-2004, 08:54 PM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

If you're getting 460 horses out of your SRT-4 why are you even messing with a BOV??
You shouldn't be able to hear it above the roar of the exhaust, the squealing of the tires, the whine and whistle of the turbo and the sirens of the cops trying to catch you....[sm=smiley36.gif]

Old 07-16-2004, 09:57 PM
srt4guy

I just got mine today and installed it. I cant stop smiling. I went and drove it around the most heavily trafficked road i could find just so I could shift alot. everyone was staring at me... it was great. I do have to say though that it was a HUGE pain to get that one bolt in. I dropped my wrench, couldn't find it, and dropped it about three miles from my house during a full boost shift. I thought I had just blown off my blowoff valve. Anyway, thanks for the advice I am very happy with my new toy.. *GRIN*

Old 07-16-2004, 09:59 PM
srt4guy

P.S. I dont think i'll be listening to the radio much anymore either.

Old 07-16-2004, 10:23 PM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

Yeah, for the first time in my life, I almost ENJOY driving in traffic!! The combination of the BOV sound and the neck snapping acceleration makes for an interesting combination. Add on the pops and gurgles from the Stage 1 and the Mopar/Borla exhaust when you let off the gas, and you've got one mean sounding machine. I was driving on Fort Sam Houston yesterday and even turned the heads of some troops standing at attention in formation!!!!!![sm=smiley36.gif][sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley36.gif]

Old 07-17-2004, 06:52 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great to hear another happy Mopar BOV owner as well as SRT-4 owner.[sm=smiley20.gif] All I can say is, we told ya so.[sm=smiley17.gif][sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley36.gif]

Old 05-22-2008, 10:29 PM
mike_Rocha

hi everyone i just got my mopar bov and im undecisive about whether i should install it with the dealer or myself , i drive a yellow srt-4 03' , and i was wondering if anyone could help me out with some tips

is it really hard to install ? will i lose boost ?

Quick Reply: mopar bov conversion kit... worth it?