Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

mopar bov conversion kit... worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 11:45 PM
srt4guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mopar bov conversion kit... worth it?

I was just wondering if the mopar bov conversion kit is woth the time? Mainly if it is clearly audible or even loud. Does it actually make any performance difference. I want to keep my car as close to stock, IE; No real performace upgrades because I like to whoop up on guys with alot of money in their car. But I like the bov sound, and don't want to buy a replacement so I was looking at the conversion kit. if you have one please let me know what you think.

Old 07-14-2004, 11:54 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: mopar bov conversion kit... worth it?

Worth the time? Do you enjoy driving around with a silly grin on your face all the time? (Sorry, couldn't resist)

YES! It's worth the time, effort and money!!!! If you want to check the other postings, there are several that give detailed info on the installation and the results of the install. Most people are very happy with it. It's a unique item to have on your car and it surprises/startles almost everyone. "Roach", a DF member stationed in Germany, even had the German Police pull him over because they thought he had a serious leak in his car!!

The install IS a little tough...you CAN get it done at a Dodge dealer if you don't want to mess with it, figure on $100.[sm=smiley16.gif]

Old 07-15-2004, 12:42 AM
byebye
Veteran

I have it and love it. Although I will probably get an up-pipe and a greddy type-s later on. I like the mopar BOV but I don't like the low speed bleed off.

Old 07-15-2004, 12:42 AM
BLKBUTY

Thought I'd jump in here real quick. If you check the post below on the BOV you'll get several opinions. We just put it on my sons SRT 4 and he loves it. Our house is probably 100 yards off the road. When he takes off I can hear it standing on the deck. It's almost impossible for it not to work every time he changes gears. He really has to granny it but then he wants to hear it anyway. Total cost including shipping was 70.99. With a few tools it can be put on in an hour. Do a search and you'll find several illustrated instruction sets. Well worth the time and the expense.

Old 07-15-2004, 12:55 AM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

Yeah, there ARE some places where you should "granny" it. Like school zones for example (during the school year). No need to scare/startle some child into the street. Even if that didn't happen, those school crossing "moms" will get your plate and report you...that would be all I need from the Chief of Police on my quarterly evaluation......[:'(]

Old 07-15-2004, 03:00 AM
PSI Chick
Champion

i have the mopar bov. i bought mine for $56 and installed it myself in the driveway. it was great for a while, but now all it does is annoy me. i have a greddy type s in the mail. if you don't have a stage upgrade the mopar gives constant blow off, and it sounds like a cymbal crashing. even with a stage upgrade, the blow off is a lot crisper, but still very whoosh like. plus they're prone to leak if you don't use copper atv when you install it. i just got tired of it and am getting something better.

Old 07-15-2004, 06:12 AM
roachnigga
Record Breaker

I go no probs with my BOV!! Also, its a good mod letting the excess hot air to escape into the air instead of back into ya intake

Old 07-15-2004, 07:02 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a link to my install of my Mopar BOV: https://dodgeforum.com/tm.asp?m=28763&mpage=

It is good and loud and I still cannot keep from playing with it.[sm=smiley3.gif][sm=smiley4.gif][sm=smiley4.gif][sm=smiley4.gif] I have scared the crap out of several people with mine. It is worth every penny and the hassle putting it in. Besides, if you use any other type of BOV, except the Forge BOV which is very similar to the Mopar, you still have to put a block off plate in the same place the Mopar BOV goes and if you have to hassle with doing that you might as well save yourself the time and money by just getting the Mopar BOV.[sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 07-15-2004, 08:21 PM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

Today the maintenance man at my condo complex asked me "What's wrong with your car? It sounds weird." I told him it was supposed to sound that way. I don't think he believed me......[sm=smiley5.gif]

I still love it!!!!!!!!

Old 07-15-2004, 09:05 PM
roachnigga
Record Breaker

SWEET i give it [sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif]

Quick Reply: mopar bov conversion kit... worth it?