Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

is it possible I could have won???

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 01:45 AM
05SRTStage3
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: is it possible I could have won???

maybe i did underestimate the power of my stage 3.....thanks for all the help.....Flamedsrt look at the page where stupidsrtguy says that he beat a porsche read that and I promise you will agree that he is BSing

Old 10-27-2006, 04:08 PM
GPtuner

Yeah, it's a known fact that you could beat one in stock trim because honestly, i've seen alot of kids talk about stock cobras like they are "supra killers"...which im still confused about because stock for stock a cobra will hand an MK4 his ***. But in MY opinion, in stock trim, they put up a good fight, but it wont take much to beat them.....AS LONG AS THEY STAY STOCK lol. (also provided the dude knows how to drive) Most of them at the track get too much wheelhop and kills there 60 foot times to run like ****, but i blame the driver not the car

A simple pulley swap, full exaust, intake, and tune will put them into the 12 second bracket all day on street tires.

BUT when i had my 12 second talon i was prowling a cobra with just a catback, and he took off at a light, i had to wait for the guy in front of my to get out of my way, to chase him, and i was catching up to him after 80 granted he had about 4 bus lengths on me i knocked it down to about 3 cars by 130.

Everyone around my neck of the woods seems to not believe me when i tell them that yes, cobras and supras can be beaten, and yes SRT-4's can be beaten, and so can EVO's, and WRX's.....but then again the people around my neck of the woods drive outdated 3rd gen f-bodies, and Monte-carlos with 5.slows in them....or they drive honduhs with next to nothing done to them

Old 10-28-2006, 02:40 AM
Pressurecooker
Record Breaker

I'm here to tell ya the SRT-4 is very underrated, even by those who drive them. To date, my best is 13.68 with a stage nothing, only a drop in K&N, AGP mounts and 225 STREET tires. Of course, my little freak dynoed at 242 hp ands 261 ft lbs too. I have since partially installed a stage 2 and it feels considerably stronger by the seat of the pants, so with my other mods to come (like an exhaust and Phrozen toy control panel) if I am not running 12's on street tires, I will be pissed. BTW, my 13.68 came with only my 3rd time to the track and I had run a previous best of 13.8 my very first time out. Now don't get the impression the I am bragging about my driving, (ok, well maybe a little [1.99 60ft]) but I really don't think my car is much faster than any other SRT-4 (though it is a black 04 and legend has it they are the fastest) I am really just trying to illustrate just how fast this car really is when you get the shifting and the launch down. 13.6 with a K&N filter. Tell me thats not awesome for ANY car. Now keep in mind I am older and have some drag racing experience. I also run all synthetics. I ran my best on a fresh tune (oil, plugs, air) 93 octane, 17 lbs in my 225 55 16 yes, 16" tires and have a host of other little tricks. I also ran at one of the countries fastest tracks being Norwalk OH. Those guys generally do an excellent job of track preperation and the air is usually good there. I lived in 'Vegas for about 15 years, and if I could run a 13.9 there, I would have been excstatic as that track is notoriously slow due to horrible heat and pressure altitudes. Compare 13.6 to stock times of any other vehicle and you'll see how good this car really is. Sure I still get beat by cars like STI's and GNX's but they are not stock either and by next year, that will be a different story, and they are about as fast as they will go in the low 13's without spending large cubic dollars.
My mission at this point, is just to make mopar believers one kill at at time.
The SRT-4 can do that better than any other car. I have already made a few. How about you?

Old 10-28-2006, 10:18 PM
05SRTStage3
Professional

Yeah I suprise people all the time. I ran into an old buddy of mine that has a 04 Terminator Cobra and I told him about the other Cobra that I beat. And he didn't believe so I took him for a ride and I made him a believer really quickly. And he was very shocked and impressed. And it cost alot less than any other cars especially those that compare performance wise. I love SRT's.....Even beyond the problems that I have had....including a new oil leak this morning....I am pretty sure that I have fixed it myself but not sure yet

Old 10-29-2006, 01:03 PM
GPtuner

Dodge has been taking the muscle car scene with alot of success, so far they have the whole SRT line up, not to mention the SRT-4 being less than an RSX-s, or evo, OR sti, or mustang GT or civic SI, and even if you were to have S3 put in from the dealer, your STILL paying less then those others, and your faster than them in stock trim so it's one of the best bangs for the buck hands down