Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

is it possible I could have won???

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 02:36 AM
05SRTStage3
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is it possible I could have won???

The other day I was driving and ran into a 03 Cobra-SuperCharged....I know all 03 and 04 Cobras and Supercharged. But from a roll at 40-120 I beat him by 1-2 from cars....I have a Stage 3 kit installed and I promise I can drive the car how it is meant to be driven.....Keep in mind that a friend or mine has a 04 v6 turbocharged mustang with 330HP.....I have seen dyno sheets.....I was stock with 240HP and from 30 to 125 I was a whole car length ahead of him.....I promise that is true......we quit racing at 125 we let off and stopped......I am not going to be the like the StupidSrtGuy and make up some crap about beating a porsche.....some of you may know what I am talking about........Is is possible that i beat him?????...Just wanting a second opinion....

Old 10-26-2006, 04:23 AM
moparman04
Captain
Default RE: is it possible I could have won???

yeah its possible... i hung with a cobra from a dig till half way through third till he started passing me. and im slightly modded.

but how are you only putting down 240 hp with a stage 3 kit ?

Old 10-26-2006, 05:38 AM
04_T_4
Rookie

I think he is saying he WAS stock with 240, and now has the stage 3. he kept with the turbo stang stock and now beat a supercharged cobra at s3.

Old 10-26-2006, 06:04 AM
Pressurecooker
Record Breaker

He said when he was stock he raced the 330 hp v-6. Now with the s3 he raced the Cobra.
I say yes, it is way possible since hp is relative to what platform it's in. I also say things like 240 Dodge hp > 300 Inf. G35 hp. Dodge hp is also > Ford or Chev hp just because.
I recently raced a G35 and spanked it soundly. The deal here is simple math and underestimation really. I had stage 0 (230) supposed eng hp. He had no stage g35 300 supposed eng hp. I am willing to guess that the g35 really has about 300 eng hp, but factor in rwd drivetrain loss which probably put him at 230-240 rwhp and his enormous curb weight (about 3600 lbs) and he didn't have a fighting chance. Besides my car weighing about 600 lbs less, and the fact that my car actually made 242 fwhp stock which is like 275-280 crank hp, well you do the math. Approx same hp at the wheels but hes got 600 more lbs to haul. Or, look at it this way. In a very ballpark formula, every 100 lbs is roughly equal to 11 hp. So subtract 66 hp from his sled or add 66 hp to mine. Either way, I win, and I did.
The Cobra has a less efficient rwd and more weight. If he has say 390 eng hp and you have 365 eng hp, the difference in fwd vs rwd efficiency puts you at about even wheel hp, then you look at his weight. so there's no way he should win. Now if you are NOT running a full tilt s3 and have only say 310 hp he may well have a 50 whp or so advantage, but he still has all the weight. So if he's 600 lbs heavier, there's your ballpark 66 magical hp coming back to ya. Now you have an approx ten hp advantage. You win.
Lesson to be learned is just how much that extra 100 lbs of girlfriend is costing ya in acceleration. LOL
So in your case, I hope it's not like 33 hp.

Old 10-26-2006, 07:05 PM
YeahItsAHemi345
Record Breaker

If your st.3 and the Terminator was stock, I think you'd beat him. If it was a modded Cobra then I'd pull the BS flag. Those car respond better to mods then our cars. Good kill, Bro.

Old 10-26-2006, 09:28 PM
05SRTStage3
Professional

no that was before I had the Stage 3....when I hit up the 330hp Mustang...I had stage 3 when I got the Cobra

Old 10-26-2006, 09:35 PM
05SRTStage3
Professional

Good Point. Thanks for all the help guys I was honestly doubting the ability of my car....I am positive that it was s-charged I heard the ZZZZZPPPPPPP...sound you should know what I mean...And pressurecooker with my gf I lose 13hp.....not bad.....funny analogy.....Hilarious..........I promise I am not bsing like the "porsche killer"

Old 10-26-2006, 09:43 PM
flameredsrt
Veteran

ORIGINAL: 05SRTStage3

Good Point. Thanks for all the help guys I was honestly doubting the ability of my car....I am positive that it was s-charged I heard the ZZZZZPPPPPPP...sound you should know what I mean...And pressurecooker with my gf I lose 13hp.....not bad.....funny analogy.....Hilarious..........I promise I am not bsing like the "porsche killer"
What is so hard to believe about beating a Porsche?When i went to the track the last time i lined up against a 2002 Porsche turbo(don't know what model all it said was Turbo on the back) and we where neck and neck all the way down the track.I ran a 13.5 and he ran a 13.4.All i have is stage 2 with bolt-ons.Oh and so you know that stage 3 should kill a stock Terminator Cobra.I ran my buddies Cobra when i first put on my stage 2 and i stayed right next to him till the top of 3rd and i slowely started pulling on him and that was on pump-gas.

Old 10-26-2006, 09:52 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

ORIGINAL: Pressurecooker

He said when he was stock he raced the 330 hp v-6. Now with the s3 he raced the Cobra.
I say yes, it is way possible since hp is relative to what platform it's in. I also say things like 240 Dodge hp > 300 Inf. G35 hp. Dodge hp is also > Ford or Chev hp just because.
I recently raced a G35 and spanked it soundly. The deal here is simple math and underestimation really. I had stage 0 (230) supposed eng hp. He had no stage g35 300 supposed eng hp. I am willing to guess that the g35 really has about 300 eng hp, but factor in rwd drivetrain loss which probably put him at 230-240 rwhp and his enormous curb weight (about 3600 lbs) and he didn't have a fighting chance. Besides my car weighing about 600 lbs less, and the fact that my car actually made 242 fwhp stock which is like 275-280 crank hp, well you do the math. Approx same hp at the wheels but hes got 600 more lbs to haul. Or, look at it this way. In a very ballpark formula, every 100 lbs is roughly equal to 11 hp. So subtract 66 hp from his sled or add 66 hp to mine. Either way, I win, and I did.
The Cobra has a less efficient rwd and more weight. If he has say 390 eng hp and you have 365 eng hp, the difference in fwd vs rwd efficiency puts you at about even wheel hp, then you look at his weight. so there's no way he should win. Now if you are NOT running a full tilt s3 and have only say 310 hp he may well have a 50 whp or so advantage, but he still has all the weight. So if he's 600 lbs heavier, there's your ballpark 66 magical hp coming back to ya. Now you have an approx ten hp advantage. You win.
Lesson to be learned is just how much that extra 100 lbs of girlfriend is costing ya in acceleration. LOL
So in your case, I hope it's not like 33 hp.
And another reason (in addition to increased mpg) for cleaning out that trunk!!!!!!!

Dusty

Old 10-27-2006, 01:18 AM
winniep
Veteran

I only have stg 2 with toys and beat SC Cobras at the track (from a dig) on a regular basis. I'm really not trying to brag or anything, just stateing the facts. From a roll with some race gas, see ya