Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

how do i get a proper a/f ratio reading?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006 | 10:06 PM
greenmachine98
Default how do i get a proper a/f ratio reading?

anybody know how to get a proper signal from an air/fuel ratio gauge?? mines maxed out on the rich side.

Old 12-23-2006 | 04:14 AM
PSI Chick
Champion
Default RE: how do i get a proper a/f ratio reading?

calibrate your wideband. which one do you have?

Old 12-23-2006 | 07:07 AM
greenmachine98

i know it'snot a wide band. i guess it's a calibrate.it's made by autometer. i have the one with a carbon fiber face. if that makes any difference

Old 12-23-2006 | 02:06 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

wtf are you talking about? calibrate the wideband! calibration is not a brand, it'show you get proper readings.what do you mean it's not a wideband? what are you using to get your a/f's? if it's a narrowband it's going to be nothing more than a light show. if you have something that's reading a/f's you have either a wideband or a narrowband, those are your only options.

Old 12-23-2006 | 08:58 PM
greenmachine98

lol sorry!! i read your earlier post wrong. i thought you were saying calibrated meant something else. i was lost when i read that too. but yeah, i have a narrowband autometer a/f ratio. it was maxxed out on rich. now all the lights are cutting on at the same time. i'm pretty sure i have a bad gauge in my hands. sorry if i confused you psi chick. i bow down. . . LOL!!

Old 12-23-2006 | 10:55 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

try recalibrating it first and seeing what happens. you're not going to get a great reading on that though since it dosen't have a wide enough reading to really tell you what's going on.

Old 12-23-2006 | 11:13 PM
greenmachine98

i think the shop that was installing it shortted it out or something because they offered to get another one replaced for me before me even knowing what was going on. so i'm getting a fresh gauge coming in. it seems like this is a reaccurring problem with srt4's. we'll see what happens after i get a newer one in. have you had any problems with your anti-freeze leaking by the way. i noticed a small small pipe leaking some antifreeze the other day. easy to fix but i don't know if it's ever happened to anyone else.

Old 12-24-2006 | 04:11 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

it's a reoccurring problem with srt's that your shop screwed up the install and blew the gauge? yea ok

Old 12-24-2006 | 10:21 PM
greenmachine98

ok. . .

Old 12-25-2006 | 01:44 AM
PSI Chick
Champion

we'll you're trying to say that it's a common problem with srt's that the gauges short out. it's not. the shop screwed up, it has nothing to do with the car and if that's a common issue you need to stop bringing your car there.

Quick Reply: how do i get a proper a/f ratio reading?