Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Raptor Bov

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007 | 10:11 AM
redevil
|
All Star
Default Raptor Bov

I finally got the raptor bov with pipe kit...and I love it.First time I put it on i did it wrong.I was in a hurry to go to Moroso(track) that night and it was kinda dark.I put the fitting with line in the bottom hole and then put another fitting in the one on top and blocked it.Well of course I went for a test drive and couldn't boost more than 6 psi.Next day I got up real early and worked on it, read the manual properly and found what the problem was.But of course it got worst,that same morning I ran over the 15psi spring that comes extra with the kit.Now it works great, and sounds awesome.But I dunno if I should get the 15 psi spring againg...am I fine with the 10 psi spring?and also how do adjust the bolt that goes on top....i know psichick used to own one of these so it would help a lot if she replied bak.I also think I need a new boost gaugue, mine sometimes reads 20 vac at idle, then it goes up to 25 vac.I floor it in 2nd and then it falls back to 20 vac and runs normal for the rest of the day.Well to all of you who are looking for a nice bov kit raptor is deff. one of the good ones

Old 01-08-2007 | 04:38 PM
Aceburner
Veteran
Default RE: Raptor Bov

My boost Guage is always at 20 Vac also, if that's a problem then I need to fix it. As far as the Raptor goes, I have one also. I haven't messed with it in a while but I believe youDONT turn the nut. I did and that just loosens the top. Screw the nut back on if you need to and adjust the BOV from the top using a alan wrench. You'll see where to do it. Hope that helps.

Old 01-08-2007 | 07:33 PM
04blksrt
Veteran

congrats ed..glad you like the bov. can you tell any performance difference with the pipes at all. i know you just got it on and youre tryin to get the kinks out so fill me in when everything is running right. by the way......yup my car is still funked up!!![:@]

Old 01-09-2007 | 10:08 AM
redevil
|
All Star

if I turn the screw tighter does this makes it louder? do i need to put the 15 psi spring??oh thanks bro....yeah she's sweet!!!I might call you during the week so you can get a preview of what she sounds like....too bad for your car, hang in there man!!!

Old 01-09-2007 | 12:00 PM
04blksrt
Veteran

im trying....im going to the srt man down here on saturday. hopefully he can get her goin for me. yeah you deff. should call so i can hear the raptor. im puttin a block off plate on mine this weekend just to see if that is where my problem lies.hopefully that will tell me something......will that mess my car up if i run just a block off plate (no bov) for just a few minutes? i need to know if thats where im getting my leak from

Old 01-09-2007 | 12:18 PM
redevil
|
All Star

well i wouldn't do that.BOVs are there for a reason.When you accelerate the throttle body opens, when you let your foot of the gas the throttle body closes air that was running through the throttle body goes out the bov.If you run with no bov then that air goes back to the turbo and can damage your fins.Plus you won't be boosting at all.I would wait and let that guy check the car out, if he's the srt expert then leave it to the professionals

Old 01-09-2007 | 01:35 PM
04blksrt
Veteran

he was the one that suggested that we try it with just a block off plate. i know that it would deff. be bad for the turbo if i ran it like that for a long amount of time, but just to run down the road once to see if that is where the problem is.....im talkin about maybe a 5 minute run, and probably not even a hard run. anyone else have any input on wheather or not runnin just a block off plate for a minute would be devistating to the turbo?

Old 01-09-2007 | 02:54 PM
Burnnout
All Star

Just make a boost leak detector....will save you from all the guessing you're doing.

Old 01-09-2007 | 03:04 PM
redevil
|
All Star

well if the guy knows whgat he's doing the that's cool....but like burnout said a boost leak detector should save you some trouble

Quick Reply: Raptor Bov