Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Sway&strut bars

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007 | 12:38 PM
redevil
|
All Star
Default Sway&strut bars

wich is the better place to get these.I've heard about jegs, and I've also seen them at modernperformance, but wich is better?I know if I keep adding mods to my car it's gonna get impossibe to launch it at the track.I think I should get ZERO wheel hop with all the bars,motor mounts and a good drop, what do you all think?

Old 01-02-2007 | 01:19 PM
PSI Chick
Champion
Default RE: Sway&strut bars

sway bars aren't going to help you with wheel hop, not sure where you got that idea from. you want help with that get solid mm and lca bushings.

it doesn't really matter where you get sways from, it's all the same thing really. just find the cheapest price and order. i got mine from jegs because it was cheaper.

Old 01-02-2007 | 02:03 PM
redevil
|
All Star

thangs psichick.....where do i get the bushings from?oh by the way i saw your profile at cardomain....nice pics

Old 01-02-2007 | 02:17 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

thanks

i think the only company that still makes lca bushings is rage (http://www.rage-tek.com/home.php). they're not very popular anymore, but lca bushings made a HUGE difference in wheel hop for me. energy suspension makes poly ones, but there have been issues with those so i would suggest staying away from them.

Old 01-02-2007 | 02:28 PM
redevil
|
All Star

http://www.modernperformance.com/dcx/booger.shtml i found these, i'm gonna check the Ica bushings right now....thanks

Old 01-02-2007 | 02:32 PM
redevil
|
All Star

is it the Rage Lower Control Arm Bushing Upgradefor $235 or the Clutch Pivot Arm/bushingfor $65?

Old 01-02-2007 | 02:35 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

it's the first one, the lower control arm busing upgrade. i have a different version of them from psi-fi that are all metal as opposed to the plastic, but either one are a huge improvement over stock.

the second piece listed is rather humerous. it reinforces the clutch master cylinder that is known to break with aftermarket clutches? haha that's funny since 75% of srt owners than i know are running something other than the stock clutch and not a single one has had an issue with that piece. not even me, and i've broken just about everything! lol

Old 01-02-2007 | 03:06 PM
redevil
|
All Star

so with the lower control bushing mod and solid motor mounts i should be pretty good right?what do you think about this kit http://www.modernperformance.com/dcx...t_mounts.shtml

Old 01-02-2007 | 03:11 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

the avid mounts are good. personally i don't think there's a need to replace the tranny mount unless there's something wrong with the stock one as it causes a lot more vibration than the stock one, but that's just my opinion. if you want to save a little cash the boomba or agp upper and lower mount kits are perfectly fine.

Old 01-02-2007 | 04:42 PM
redevil
|
All Star

thanks for all the help.....I'll be ordering those in a month, so i'll let you know how that goes

Quick Reply: Sway&strut bars