Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Boost Leak Test prob?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 03:45 AM
jmsrt4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost Leak Test prob?

Ok guys be easy on me. I really am new to this. I built my leak tester. I removed the intake pipe and hooked up my tester to the turbo. I connect my compressor to the quick connect. BUT, here were the teasing begins. I the car supposed to be on or off. When its on I can hear the air coming out the cable disconnected from the intake tube. If the car is on, It dies on me. It sounds like its choking, then dies. Like I said GO EASY! What do I do?

Old 01-28-2007, 09:09 AM
redevil
All Star
Default RE: Boost Leak Test prob?

lol.....bro your car sucks air through the intake right???then that air goes through the turbo right!?? well if you shut that hole then no air comes in the motor and it shuts down.It's the same as non-turbo cars, you put your hand in the throttle body and it dies.Look don't turn the car on, and run the compressor at 25 psi.ok let me be more specific.Turn the compressor on, let it fill up to 25 PSI and then shut it off.Hook your leak tester to the turbo and then hook up the compressor line to the tester, a rush of air should go through andcome out through the boost leak.I hope this helps....and don't worry about it we've all been there, and done the same mistakes...good luck

Old 01-28-2007, 07:13 PM
PSI Chick
Champion
Default RE: Boost Leak Test prob?

dono't forget to plug the lines coming out of the intake and tb(if necessary).

car should be OFF to answer your question.

Quick Reply: Boost Leak Test prob?