Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

mopar sts

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 07:15 PM
04blksrt
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: mopar sts

thats how much shorter the throw is compared to stock.....so 80% would be insanely short.....which = awesome!!! i found the b/g install inst......good qest. about bushings...when is a good time to go ahead and get them? (with which set-up?)

Old 02-06-2007, 08:39 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

a lot of people say that you don't need the bushings with a maddog shifter. his shifters are known for being on the tighter side, so people just leave in the stock bushings and call it a day. i'm using the boogers only because they were already in there when i installed my maddog (i had the mopar in before). i have not had any issue with them being in the car, and haven't noticed that my shifting is any notchier than anyone else's. so if you want to get them, go ahead, but it's probably not necessary unless yours are worn out. but hey they're only $20 so it's not like they're going to break the bank or anything lol.

the 82% reduction i have not had the chance to try yet. my other half has the 74 on his car, and that's pretty damn short. i have the 58 and to me it's the perfect throw. i have not raced on the 74 yet personally, but for me it's too short even for daily driving. he's raced on it and loves it, so it's all personal preference really. if you like a really short shift, go for one of the two shorter ones, if not, stick with the 58.

Old 02-06-2007, 09:00 PM
04blksrt
Veteran

well one thing that i noticed is my arm is perfectly comfortable resting on my center console while shifting so i was thinking about that. if i were to go to a 80% reduc. then theres no way i could still rest my arm there while shifting = less comfortable. so im thinking that a 58% would probably do me good....might even want to go to the 70...i dunno. hey....what if i were to cut my stock shifter down and rethread it? wouldnt that be kinda the same thing? i know how you feel about going the cheap route, but honestly...wouldnt it work?

Old 02-06-2007, 09:03 PM
04blksrt
Veteran

oh nevermind....now i see that they sit at same height or 1" lower.....thats nice! what the hell is a rod brake? and what is he talking about when he says threading?

Old 02-07-2007, 04:10 AM
PSI Chick
Champion

a rod brake is a plate that is put on the bottom of the shifter that prevents you from over throwing a shift. it's a safety feature, and a pretty damn good one.

threading is the top of the shifter where the shift **** sits. he will thread it for you if you want to use a shift **** that threads into place rather than one that's on by pressure like our stock ones.

Old 02-07-2007, 12:38 PM
04blksrt
Veteran

just to let you all know...that freakin boost gauge was the biggest pain in my ***! that stuff sucked! and u wanna know something else, i think the new 1 is busted too! i swear, i cant catch a break on this car. but w/ the new gauge in i did get my car to boost to around 12psi in 4th gear. but its so loud when its spooling that i know that i have to have a leak. i guess im gonna have to build that stupid detector! which im sure ill use it again down the road anyway...i just want my car to work right!!!! sorry 4 whining, just wanted u all to know my struggels

Old 02-07-2007, 03:09 PM
redevil
All Star

we feel you bro!!!build the detector and get you stuff fixed.Make sure your new boost gauge reads 30 psi.....because once I started spiking 22 psi my stock one busted.Now I'm spiking 20 psi and holding 15psi till redline(2nd gear)....3rd and4th I'm holding 18 or 20psi...kinda hard to tell when your driving.But with all that boost comes the fuel cuts...so gotta get that fixed too.Well hope everything is gping good and send me a clip of your new bov bro....i'm dying to hear it

Old 02-07-2007, 03:35 PM
04blksrt
Veteran

i will 4 sure try to get that to you. i guess this weekend will be designated as boost leak weekend. ive got to figure out where im losing pressure from cause its driving me crazy! but yeah my gauge is 30-30 and its kinda neat...its justan automter, nothing special about it, but i deff like it more than the stock. 1 problem though, the needle sits on 0, but its a little to the left of it. this has kinda got me worried a little cause im scared this on is broke too, but its brand new so is it easy to screw the gauges up while installing them. another thing, i didnt put my vac line on as tight as it could possibly go, i mean its on there, but i could have taken it a little tighter. does this make a huge difference?

Old 02-07-2007, 06:36 PM
04blksrt
Veteran

where is everyone? this forum has become dead!

Old 02-07-2007, 07:05 PM
talisman
Veteran

I agree

Quick Reply: mopar sts