New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Newbie here.....just bought my Power Wagon

Old 03-20-2005, 02:44 PM
paulphilly
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie here.....just bought my Power Wagon

Hello everyone from South Point, OH. Just wanted to let you all know that its a pleasure to be a member of this great website and am looking forward to learning alot from you all. I just took delivery of my new baby yesterday which is a girl named "Christine". She is a quadcab Power Wagon and can be very bad at times. She has a temper that will sometimes release her 300+ horses and almost 400lbs of torgue. I am immediately going to start to "dress" her up a bit with some tint, aftermarket stereo, line-x, exhaust, CAI, etc. So, I need alot of advice from you all as to what you think would be the best mods for me to get started on. The first 2 will most likely be exhaust and an CAI. Any help would be appreciated. Well, I have to go and wake Christine up now as she has been asleep all night. Nice to meet you all and look forward to many inspiring conversations. Thanks!
Paul

Old 03-20-2005, 02:45 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Newbie here.....just bought my Power Wagon

WELCOME!! Got any pics? I hope you visit us often!!

~Amanda

Old 03-20-2005, 02:52 PM
paulphilly
Rookie

No pics yet. My girl is kinda naked at this point. I have to "dress" her up a little before I show her off. She needs tint badly and an aftermarket exhaust, stereo, CAI, etc..... So, hopefully in a few weeks, she will be ready for pics. Nice ride you have btw!

Old 03-20-2005, 07:18 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

welcome to DF

whats up

Old 03-20-2005, 08:30 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

Power Wagon's are sexy!! Welcome! I hope you get to know people and enjoy our forums.

-Matt-

Old 03-20-2005, 08:44 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: paulphilly

No pics yet. My girl is kinda naked at this point. I have to "dress" her up a little before I show her off. She needs tint badly and an aftermarket exhaust, stereo, CAI, etc..... So, hopefully in a few weeks, she will be ready for pics. Nice ride you have btw!
Thank you for the compliment!! I work very hard at keeping my Lady looking sweet. I can't wait to see your truck so HURRY UP and mod it! LOL!!

~Amanda

Old 03-20-2005, 10:19 PM
Fiddle Player
Champion

Welcome to the DF Paul! Hope you enjoy it here

Old 03-20-2005, 11:03 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hmmm..nice! maybe our first power wagon owner! awesome truck...welcome to the board!

Old 03-21-2005, 01:09 AM
casper
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

Old 03-21-2005, 12:51 PM
paulphilly
Rookie

Thanks for the welcome everyone. If I am the first Power Wagon member, I will do my best to get my mods done fast so you all can see them with some new pics. This thing is pretty dang awesome! I will say that it sits REALLY high in the air and I have to hop to get in it (and I am 6"). It rides pretty smooth for a 6100lb truck and the 4:56 gears really helps get it going. I thought it would need a cummins, but the Hemi does very well getting it up to speed. I can only see a minor difference from my 1500 laramie to my Power Wagon in terms of get up and go power. I traded a 2005 quad cab 1500 laramie in on it which I had just purchased a week ago. The only reason I bought it was due to the fact that the dealership lied to me and told me that the power wagon wasnt available and NO dealerships had them on their lot. Well, the very next day I researched and researched and found that several dealerships in Ohio had the power wagon. So, I could only conclude that my salesman and the general manager lied and manipulated me into believing that there were NO POWER WAGONS available so I would buy something from there lot. And, after I had found that they had lied to me (the next day), I called them and told them that I wanted to bring the laramie 1500 back because I found the power wagon at other dealerships!! They would not let me do it. An obvious case of deception. The dealership is Nelson Auto Group in Marysville, Ohio right next to Columbus, OH. DO NOT BUY from this dealership!! The worst buying experience of my life. Anyway, off my soap box. I am very happy with my PW and am sick to my stomach that I had to turn right around 5 days later and trade my 1500 laramie and lose money. But, I never thought my dealer would intentionally lie about product availability! Heads up everyone about dealers like this. Now I know why they are independently owned and operated....I dont think Chrysler will like what I have to say about this particular dealer. Pics to come soon, and thanks again for all the welcomes!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Newbie here.....just bought my Power Wagon