New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 03:10 AM
Astars Ram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: If Your A Newbie, Post And Int

Hey Guys! Another Newb here. I've got an '04 QC Ram 1500 2wd. Not much done to it except a billet grill. I am lookin to level the front end tho. Well lookin forward to talkin to you guys and hopefully pickin up some tips!

Steve

Old 05-25-2007, 05:29 PM
Docwright

Hey, I'm new! Just saying WAZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Up

Old 05-25-2007, 11:44 PM
VdubMike

Hey, i'm new here! Just wanted to say hi.

Old 05-26-2007, 02:17 AM
tracielynn

Well, I am a newbie!! I wanted to say hi to y'all.

I am from East Texas and drive a 2003 Ram QC 1500 with a Hemi. I will post some pics soon.

Nextweek we are scheduled to have some custom paint work done to my truck and have a tonneaucover installed.

Nice to meet y'all!!!

--Tracielynn

Old 05-26-2007, 09:00 PM
uk guy
Rookie

hi all

just looking to buy a 20031500 QC hemi with 42000 miles on it
need to know all the bad things to look out for when buying one
as not many in the uk to choose from

so any help would be great !

Old 05-27-2007, 02:33 PM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

New Ram owner here!

Picked up an 03 QC 4x4 yesterday with 51k miles. It's solid white with dark gray leather (Laramie pkg) and of course it's a Hemi. It's got every possible option except a CD changer (still has the Infinity sound system) but that doesn't matter since I'll do a real stereo setup soon enough.

I needed a truck to replace my very good condition 92 GMC ext cab 4x4 (only 104k miles). I opened a computer/networking business and needed a truck with more "image." I also wanted the powertrain of a more modern truck.

I started with a completely open mind -- no bias to Ford, Chevy, or Dodge. I knew I didn't want a Titan (too many reliability probs) and the Tundra wasn't enough truck for me (two family members have 'em so I know them well). I looked at and drove each truck. The Ram just blew me away with its effortless power, impressive interior (when optioned w/ leather), and its overall style. The cincher was the 5spd auto. That makes all the difference in the world. The Ford's FX4 package drove like a brick and the "300hp" 5.4 didn't feel any quicker than my old 200hp TBI truck. The Chevy's powertrain was ok but the styling was too bland - nice, but plain.

I'm going to get to work right away on mods. I don't want an air intake "kit." The stock airbox looks like it'll be adequate with just a K&N drop-in and a little dremel work to provide a larger intake opening. I'll order the Superchips programmer for it asap. I actually ordered tube steps and LED tails (smoked red, not clear/chrome) a week before buying the truck so they should be in any day now.

So far the only surprise has been gas mileage. Oh, I knew to expect 10-11 in town; that's no worse than my old truck. I wasn't prepared for the same figure on the highway though! I do make use of the go-pedal when necessary but even so, my 15yo truck managed 17-18 while the Ram is still lucky to see 12 mpg for a ~ 200 mile interstate drive averaging maybe 80 mph. It doesn't bother me though - I prefer gas smileage!

My other hobby is modding imports. I'm not a ricer - I started in 1992 long before the current craze of huge wings & fart exhausts hit the road. I've had more than a half dozen turbo Mitsubishis, as well as two Dodge Stealths. My 94 ran 12.5 @ 109 (see site here with pics & videos) with an as-raced weight of 4075 lbs. That car also saw 26-27 mpg on the highway. I also built a 400+whp, 122 mph Supra (figures for 93 octane trim). I currently have a Subaru Legacy GT which is a fun sleeper sedan. Stock it ran 13.90s and my buttometer says it should be good for around 13.0s and 105 mph at this point. Speed is good!

Old 05-27-2007, 07:17 PM
NoMercy

Hey everyone,

New to the forum and would like to drop a line...

Im almost 16 now, ready to drive. Two years ago my father purcahsed a 2005 Ram 1500 5.7l hemi. It was his pride an joy. I remember giving him a rough time for washing the truck and waxing it when it the middle of december up in NE with 30 degree days lol. He loved it and cherished it. Sadly early last year my father passed away leaving me with the truck and untill now has been sitting in the driveway.

Im eager to drive, but hope to learn how to drive quickly and safely. I feel that my dad would have liked to see me drive the truck as he always said someday it would be mine.

Im here with an open mind to learn about the truck and hopefully be able to ask questions about it if i need too.

Thanks all,
Taylor

Old 05-28-2007, 12:57 AM
megacabram

hey there amanda im daniel i was here about 6 months ago recently had a crash im 97 ram. Now i curently have 07 ram sow message back cool. have a bless day or night. Hit It!!!

Old 05-28-2007, 04:01 AM
dakeido

Hello!

Old 05-28-2007, 03:55 PM
Grapes of Wrath

Ok, I think got my intro in two places. Great Board !

Quick Reply: If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself