New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 02:25 AM
darth_laidher
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: If Your A Newbie, Post And Int

hows it goin im brett from knoxville tennessee, i just bought my first dodge ram today i hope i enjoy it. from what ive heard from people through the years is that the dodge ram is a good dependable truck so i hope this one treats me well, nice to meet you all .

Old 06-12-2007, 03:13 PM
mberg501

hey yall new here and looking for good info

Old 06-12-2007, 04:10 PM
Mopartoya

'Ello Everybody! Just thought I'd stop by and say hi.

Old 06-13-2007, 11:40 AM
LMFH

Hello all..

New member, board looks cool. I drive an '04Ram 2500 4 door, 4x4. I've got a 4 inch lift and 37" Goodyear MTRs. I love my truck, but I've got a tick at low RPMs, and now there's a clunk when I go from Reverse to Drive. Got on the board to try and find some info on it. About to roll 70k miles, and trying to avoid the dealership...

Thanks!
Larry

Old 06-13-2007, 07:31 PM
jughead63

Hey Yall, I am a new bee to this forum. I just purchased my first Dodge in many, many years. 07 Ram so we will see how it goes. I hope to meet some good friends and get some good info along the way.

Take care.

Old 06-13-2007, 11:33 PM
GoofyTimL

Hi... my name is Tim (duh!) and I'm a little Goofy (according to the wife). This was originally posted to the SRT04 forum (sorry about that). Then in the Magnum and Charger SRT8 forum (only 11 looks and no replies). So now I'm trying here. This is mythird posttoDodgeforum.com. I also am a member of 300C forums, LX forums, Charger forum, ClubLX forum and a few others.

I'm a PhD Analytical Chemist and I work for DuPont at a local plant site here in West Virginia in the business unit that produces Teflon* Fluoropolymer products. I work in the front end of theplant, andour unitmakes the monomers that eventually become the polymers. I support both on-line analyzers, and do off-line test development and support.

I have worked at the same plant site for 27 years this month. I have been married to my wife, Candy, for over 32 years. We have one son, married, and they produced our first granddaughter just two months ago! They live in the Chicagoland area.

My favorite car of all time is/was the 1968 Dodge Charger. I had one, purchased used in 1972 (318 cu. in. 2-bbl, 3-speed manual). It didn't do much, but it was mine. I drove it to a total mileage of 150k+ over the next 15 years. Then sold it to a friend's son who wanted a project car (fuzzy dash, lots of chrome in the engine bay, etc.). Don't know where the car is now.

Now... we have two LX platform vehicles. A 2006 Chrysler 300C Inferno Red Heritage Edition (formerly my daily driver), and a 2007 Bright Silver Magnum SRT8 (my current daily driver). I traded a 2005 300C for the MSRT8 in Feb. Here's a picture of me and the wife with the H.E. from last summer.

And here's a photo or two of the Magnum SRT8...

Old 06-14-2007, 06:05 PM
slapshot12
Professional

Howdy all, Bret here. We just bought our first Dodge ever today. We got a patriot blue Ram 1500QC, gray cloth, with a Hemi. Overall, I like the truck. After looking at every other full size truck, the Ram won hands down. Now I just need to prioritze the mods. Front window tint will be first then some type of bed cover.

Old 06-17-2007, 02:31 PM
trav_19

hey im a n00b here ... i havent bought a dodge yet though ...im looking at a 02 QC 4x4 with the 20's and its all the dark gray ...no chrome..besides the wheels of course...i love it ...it has the 4.7L ...sorry guys i would like a hemi but im trying to get a affordable truck for me haha... i currently have a 01 extended cab z71 and could not be more unhappy lol....i bought it quickly because we were having a baby and needed the room for the carseat and all ...wanted a 3rd gen ram but at the time they were easily going for 17k and i wasnt ready for that since i have a house payment and a baby and im 22 lol...but the truck i am looking at now is cheaper and is exactly what i want...almost no hemi lol....

Old 06-18-2007, 03:02 AM
matteo

Hello everyone!
I am not a dodge owner but I am looking at a 2004 dodge ram qc 4X4 Hemi with 40000 miles. I want to know where to look for todetectany problem on a 2004 ram.
Thank you!

Old 06-18-2007, 06:12 PM
VTjp205

Hello everyone, just got my first (of many in the future I think) Dodge a few weeks ago. Its an 03 2x4 with the 4.7L in the Burgundy which was the closest to my school colors. My wife and I both graduated from Virginia Tech in 2003 and are huge fans, VT stuff litters everything we own.

Anyway, this looks like a great site, there are quite a few things I'd like to do to the new truck, I've already had the bed sprayed with a liner and I'm thinking about upgrading the sound system now, I'd like to have something to control my Ipod.

Quick Reply: If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself