New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 11:19 PM
bdhuntr
Veteran
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: If Your A Newbie, Post And Int

Hi all. I joined this forum yesterday and made a couple of posts already, but I should probably introduce myself.

I have owned several trucks (2WD and 4X4) over the years, including a 2002 Dakota SLT Crew Cab 4x4, but after driving a '07 Jeep Wrangler X for the past two years, I just had to get back behind the wheel of a pick-up, and a full-size 4x4 at that.

So a few weeks ago I bought a slightly-used 2005 Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab 4x4 (only 18,000 on the odo) with the 4.7L engine and so far I have been lovin' life. I haven't had a lot of time to do much, although I did install an aluminum billet fuel door a couple of days ago, and I have an Airaid CAI arriving via UPS tomorrow. Hopefully soon I will be installing a decent exhaust system (maybe a cat-back, but maybe just a muffler change with a Flowmaster 40 series-depends on both finances AND the wife!) and then later on, who knows?

Here's a pic (pre-fuel door):

Old 06-28-2007, 11:07 AM
Vandal77
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Signed up a little while ago, and I forgot to say hello. Hello! Great site, very knowledgeable people here, I visit daily/often and read almost everything, although I post little, so you'll probably never see my post count rise significantly, and I'll be listed as a back seat driver for the rest of my life.
I've had an F-250, a few Chevy pickups, even started off with my first truck, a little Nissan 4x4 back in the mid eighties, something I just used to put the dirt bikes in and got dirty all of the time.
When I see a hill, even if it's an unfinished highway with mounds of dirt, my family knows to hold on because we're going for a ride. (Disclaimer: Not recommended for the chance of being arrested or damaging truck is greatly increased while attempting this act.) At first, my kids were nervous about my off road antics, but now they look for construction sites and dare me to get "Cha-Ching" dirty. Cha-Ching is the name my wife calls my truck because she says everytime she see's the reciepts of something I've bought for my truck, the words "Cha-CHing" ring through her head.
Most of my trucks were never clean, always caked with a layer or two of the mystery muck you can only find in Bellplains State Park in the middle of the Pinelands of New Jersey.
This truck...I wash it if even one mosquito decides to commit suicide on my front bumper, or a speck of dust appears on the hood, and yet, i'll turf my buddies back yard in an instant.
I plan on CAI, Dual in Dual out exhaust, maybe one of those Diablogadgets as soon as I find out what the hell it does, and if it will assist in Mpg, and if I can arrange it, I plan on being buried in my truck. I love the thing, so much, that my wife thinks I love it way too much, even though she bought it for me, picked it out and loves it just as much.
Dodge Ram is definately the nicest rig on the road. My wife, she could have bought any truck she wanted for her company, but she chose a Ram. Lucky me!
So...Hello...and now I will fly back under the radar, crawl back into my fox hole and read all of your post. Hey...how about Post Read countersfor us quiet people, so we can move up in driving status? lol.
Great site, keep up the good work. Happy to have found this place.

Old 06-29-2007, 10:40 PM
MASHTON

Hi name's Marc noobie here just got an 05 Ram quad cab here in eastern NC

Old 06-30-2007, 12:43 PM
silverandblack

New first time HEMI owner. God I love my truck. 2007 1500 cool vanilla.

[IMG]local://upfiles/66592/E419FBEE7DF64420AA843207D4E0F264.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-30-2007, 12:45 PM
silverandblack

Flow Master 50 HD 1 in 2 out 4" chrome tips

Old 06-30-2007, 12:49 PM
silverandblack

Hmm no picture, try again

Old 07-01-2007, 10:44 PM
turbopiper

Hey All,
First post to say Hi
My truck is a 2006 Ram 2500 Cummings Lone Star Edition.
See my avatar also

All White in color. Door and Tailgate handles along with Mirrors and Cowling painted to match.
3 inch Puck Kit
Billet Grill
Nerf Bars / Front and Rear Bumpers all Powder Coated to match
Bug Shield painted to match
Tinted Windows
Alloy Ion #148 17inch rims with BF Goodrich tires
Ranch Hand Front Bumper in Powder Coat White
And of course a Stainless Steel 4inch tip... Got to have one of them...

I've had it since November 2006
Later
Ted

[IMG]local://upfiles/66663/F503157399EB4656A527A342EFFE7592.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-02-2007, 12:13 AM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bienvenidos from this scurvy dog.

Old 07-02-2007, 12:48 AM
Texasredneck

howdy yall just got on the forum a few days ago. Got a 2004 dodge ram hemi about a month ago and am lovin it. Ill get pics up when i can find the cord to the comp

Old 07-02-2007, 04:34 PM
professor

Hello all. professor here. Just picked up my first Ram in January. So far we're loving it.

Quick Reply: If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself