New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 03:52 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to Dodge Forum, folks!! Enjoy the site!!

Dusty

Old 08-30-2008, 11:42 PM
packingheat

hey ya'll names jeremy from texas got a 98 neon sport and just checking things out

Old 08-31-2008, 12:03 AM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

Welcome to Dodge Forum, Jeremy!! Enjoy the site!!

Dusty

Old 08-31-2008, 12:41 AM
packingheat

thanks hope i do

Old 08-31-2008, 01:27 PM
Dodge/chicka

Hi I just Joined I just bought a 1998 Dodge Ram 2500 v10(ya bad gas mileage i know it) My name is Louise

Old 08-31-2008, 03:02 PM
Nyyank33

Lo folks. Just bought a 06 Dak 3.7L 4x4 last week or so for the new house, and to replace our aging Pontiac Grand Am SE2. I normally go my Midknight on various other forums, but I saw you already had a Midnite admin, lol. I know it causes problems whenever we have newbies show up with the same example reversed, so I took this one instead

Liking it so far, need to get the CD player fixed, it won't switch modes from FM radio to CD. dealer didn't disclose that at the sale =/

Hrm, can't think of much to say, I'm 27, a field surveyor, our other car for personal use is an 07 Chevy Equinox LT loaded out. I normally drive a 04 Chevy Silverado Single Cab V8 for work, but I'm liking the comfort of the Dak more.

Old 08-31-2008, 04:43 PM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

Welcome to Dodge Forum!! Enjoy the site!!

Dusty

Old 08-31-2008, 09:50 PM
deloreansteel
Default Proud owner of a dDodge Ram, Ramcharger, and Avenger

So I registered to reply to this post:

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/diy-do-it-yourself/91757-obtaining-engine-diagnostic-codes-95-97-avenger-by-silvercoupe97.html

and want the following added, it is a better description and includes a translation for the engine codes. This should help everyone out. I have no rights to reply or start new posts elsewere, so I will post here. Moderators, please move, edit or modify posts as you see fit. The following will work for all Dodge/Mitsubishi mix breeds. IE Dodge Avenger, Chrysler Sebring, the Mishubishi Galant, Eclipse, Diamonte ETC.

About the PCM

When an fault with your car is detected it stores the fault in it's internal EEPROM. Normally, you have to take your car to a dealer to have the problem diagnosed. Thanks to Chrysler's and Mitsubishi's ingenuity, the codes can be displayed with a few simple turns of the ignition key. Although the codes listed will help you diagnose a problem with your car, they do not allow for complete diagnosis and/or also may not even be the actual problem. For complete diagnosis you will require a scan tool and a service manual. I can't stress enough the help that the service manual provides for problem diagnosis. Everyone should own a service manual if they are planning to do any work on their car.

To check the PCM codes, insert the key into the ignition and switch the key ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON within a 5 sec. time period. Wait about 5 to 7 seconds depending on how fast you count. Then count the Engine light flashes. The number of flashes represents the trouble code. There is a slight pause between the flashes representing the first and second digits of the code. Longer pauses separate indivdual trouble codes. All codes will end with 55 which signifies End of Codes / No detected failure.

PCM Codes For I4 and V6 Code Diagnostic Items Check Items

11 No crankshaft reference at PCM Check connector at PCM / Check crankshaft position sensor

11 Timing belt skipped 1 tooth or more Check timing belt / Check crankshaft sensor and camshaft position sensor / Check PCM connector

11 Intermittent loss of camshaft position or crankshaft position Crankshaft position sensor and camshaft position sensor connector

12 Direct batter input to PCM was disconnected within the last 50 key-on cycles Check Battery connections / Informative Code

13 No change in MAP from start to run Harness and connector / Replace MAP sensor

14 Map sensor voltage too high / low Harness and connector / Replace MAP sensor

15 No vehicle speed sensor signal Harness and connector / Vehicle speed sensor

16 Knock sensor #1 circuit Harness and connector / Knock sensor

17 Engine is cold too long Engine cooland temperature sensor circuit and
connector / Engine coolant temperature sensor / Thermostat

17 Closed loop temperature not reached (M/T) Engine coolant temperature sensor circuit and connector / Engine coolant sensor / Thermostat

21 Upstream HO2S stays at center Harness and connector / Upstream HO2S

21 Upstream HO2S shorted to voltage Harness and connector / Upstream HO2S

21 Upstream HO2S response (M/T) Harness and connector / Upstream HO2S

21 Upstream HO2S heater failure (M/T) Harness and connector / Upstream HO2S

21 Downstream HO2S stays at center (M/T) Harness and connector / Downstream HO2S / Fuel system

21 Downstream HO2S heater failure (M/T) Harness and connector / Downstream HO2S

21 Downstream HO2S shorted to voltage (M/T) Harness and connector / Downstream HO2S

22 Engine coolant sensor voltage to high/low Harness and connector / Engine coolant sensor

23 Intake air temperature sensor voltage Low / High Harness and connector / Intake air temperature sensor

24 Throttle position sensor voltage low Harness and connector / Throttle position sensor

24 Throttle position sensor voltage high Harness and connector / Throttle position sensor

24 Throttle position sensor voltage does not agree with MAP (M/T) Harness and connector / Throttle position sensor output / MAP sensor output

25 Target idle not reached (+/- 200 r/min) (M/T) Harness and connector / Idle air control motor

25 Idle air control motor circuits Harness and connector / Idle air control motor

27 Injector control circuit Harness and connector / Injectors

31 EVAP solenoid circuit Harness and connector / EVAP solenoid

31 Evaporatice purge flow monitor failure (M/T) Evaporative purge solenoid / Clogged purge line / Vacuum hose / Evaporative emission canister clogged

32 EGR soleniod circuit Harness and connector / EGR solenoid

32 EGR system failure Harness and connector / Electric EGR transducer solenoid / EGR valve / EGR tube clogged / Vacuum hoses

33 A/C clutch relay circuit Harness and connector / A/C clutch relay

34 Speed control solenoid circuits Check electrical connections

35 Low / High speed fan control relay circuit Harness and connector / Low/High speed fan relay

36 Too little or too much secondary air (M/T) Harness and connector / Pulsed secondary air injection valve / Pulsed secondary air injection solenoid / Pulsed secondary tube clogged / Vacuum hoses

36 Pulsed secondary air injector solenoid circuit (M/T) Harness and connector / Pulsed secondary air injection solenoid

37 Park / Neutral position (PNP) switch failure (A/T) Replace the PCM

41 Alternator field not switching properly Harness and connector / Alternator

42 MFI relay (ASD relay) control circuit Harness and connector / MFI relay (ASD relay)

42 No MFI relay (ASD relay) output voltage at PCM Harness and connector / MFI relay (ASD relay)

42 Fuel pump relay control circuit Harness and connector / Fuel pump relay

43 Ignition coil #1 / #2 primary circuit Harness and connector / Ignition coil #1/#2

43 Multiple cylinder misfire (M/T) Ignition coil / Spark plugs / Ignition circuit / Injector / Upstream HO2S / Compression pressure / Timing belt / Crankshaft position sensor / Air intake / Fuel pressure / Crankshaft position sensor circuit and connector

44 Battery temperature volts out of limit Replace the PCM

46 Charging system voltage too high Alternator drive belt / Harness and connector / Alternator

47 Charging system voltage too low Alternator drive belt / Harness and connector / Alternator

51 Fuel system lean Intake air temperature sensor / Engine coolant temperator sensor / Exhaust manifold cracked

52 Fuel system rich MAP sensor output / Injector / Fuel pressure / Intake air leaks / Heated oxygen sensor

53 PCM failure - SPI communications Replace PCM

53 Internal controller failure Replace the PCM

54 No cam signal at PCM Check harness and connector / Check camshaft sensor

55 End of codes, if this is the first code, all is well

62 PCM failure - SRI mile not stored Replace the PCM

63 PCM failure - EEPROM write denied Replace PCM

64 Catalytic converter efficiency failure (M/T) Exhaust manifold for cracks / Replace catalytic converter

65 Power steering pressure (PSP) switch failure (M/T) Harness and connector / Power steering pressure switch

66 No CCD messages from TCM (A/T) Harness and connector

71 5 volts supply output low Harness and connector

Note: (A/T) refers to Automatic Transmission, (M/T) refers to Manual Transmission, A/C refers to air conditioning. This info taken from the Sebring/Avenger 1995 Service Manual, Vol - 1 Engine and Body. All information is copyright Mitsubishi Motors Corporation.

Old 08-31-2008, 10:53 PM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

Welcome to Dodge Forum!!

Dusty

Old 09-01-2008, 01:11 AM
Rlacalle

Hello,

I just purchased my first Hemi in a 2008 Jeep Commander. Question is is what is the proper way to break in. Manual states brief periods of full throttle acceleration after 60 miles or 300 miles? It's not clear if full throttle acceletration should be after 60 or 300 miles. I already have 180 miles on it and have driven it easy. Town driving and varied speeds on the freeway (50-65 mph). What do you recommend to break in best? When is break in period over?

Quick Reply: If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself