New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 12:21 AM
wfoust
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi

Hi, I'm William, 23, from PA. I have a 2005 Neon SXT w/ Sports package. I'm kinda dumb when it comes to cars but I'm learning.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:16 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 9625kslt
hey all names Mike, I'm 22 from Maine and work in the small engine repair for now. I own 2 trucks, the first one as is obviouse in my sn is a 96 2500 ram slt. This is my new project I bought it for $700 with over 200k on the engine with a blown headgasket and a fresh rebuilt tranny other problems include some suspension, a blown tire ( that's the least of my worries), and a cracked winshield. #2 is my DD 1997 chevy s10 ls sportside, It has some basic bolt on's exhaust,intake,power programmer ect... it's a fun lil truck thought 2wd sucks in winter. My hopes is to turn the dodge into a nice winter/wheelin rig though I'm undecided which route to go and figure maybe some suggestions couldn't hurt so I'ld get some advice from y'all.
Welcome to DF Mike! SOunds like you have a nice project on your hands I am sure you'll be able to find most anything on the site! Good Luck and Happy Building

Originally Posted by wfoust
Hi, I'm William, 23, from PA. I have a 2005 Neon SXT w/ Sports package. I'm kinda dumb when it comes to cars but I'm learning.
Welcome to DF wfoust! Dont worry man we all started at the bottom! You will figure cars out quickly enough Hope you enjoy the site!

Old 04-05-2009, 12:01 AM
Casse
Default 1st Gen 94 Intrepid 3.3L , Site Newbie

Hi, just joined. I'm on my 5th Chrysler vehicle. I've had a 84 Dodge Ram, V8, white w/red panel, which I used for landscaping; Then got a 92 Dodge Dakota V6, silver, for landscaping and courier runs with an extended cab for my dog; It got totaled by a run-away equipment trailer [dog and I were OK] so I got a 95 Dakota V6 extended cab ~ really nice jet black with black cap; I called it the Vader Mobile after Darth Vader. Kept it until Dec 08, had 123K on it and still looked great, but MPG had slipped quite a bit. Traded it for 08 Jeep Sport 4x4, 2.3L SilverPearl. I'm on this site because I inherited a 94 Intrepid, V6 3.3L, Teal in 2000 with only 52k on it. It still only has 68K on it, but it is getting more expensive to maintain, with controllers starting to wear out, like the crank sensor. We want to keep this as our commuting car so I can use the 'Riot for my restoration on our house. But I have to find a way to keep maintenance/repair cost under control. Looking forward to learning stuff.

Old 04-05-2009, 08:35 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator

Welcome to DF Casse! Glad ya joined! You should be able to find all the advice you would like on this site Good luck and if you have any questions dont be afraid to ask

Old 04-05-2009, 01:47 PM
bubbaD

Hello all ,I am new to the forum,I was a past Dodge owner and i am looking at buying a used 2001 1500 4x4 with the 318.Anyone dealt with them.It is aclean truck but lots of miles 246k to be exact.Curious if the 318 is durable and tranny problematic.

Dale

Old 04-05-2009, 09:41 PM
scott386

Originally Posted by lghtngblt02
Welcome to DF Scott! Nice set of cars you and the gf have What motors do they have? Hope you enjoy the site man!
Thanks... They both have the 3.5. She had her's first and them I went looking for a magnum.
Found this one 3 months ago...A 07 with 500 miles.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:34 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator

Originally Posted by bubbaD
Hello all ,I am new to the forum,I was a past Dodge owner and i am looking at buying a used 2001 1500 4x4 with the 318.Anyone dealt with them.It is aclean truck but lots of miles 246k to be exact.Curious if the 318 is durable and tranny problematic.

Dale
Welcome to DF Dale! Check out the 2nd Gen Ram Section, maybe shoot a question out in there. Those guys and gals should be able to help ya out with some good advice. From my knowledge, the 318s were/are a tough engine to beat As far as the tranny goes, I think its like a lottery, some have had troubles and some havent... Good luck!

Originally Posted by scott386
Thanks... They both have the 3.5. She had her's first and them I went looking for a magnum.
Found this one 3 months ago...A 07 with 500 miles.
Good deal

Old 04-06-2009, 11:40 AM
supermom1970
Default just a newbie saying hello

Hello my name is Tracy I am a mom of threegirls and this site is great for people that have to do things on their own, I have had so many problems with my 01 Durango Elec. stuff and had so many look at it finally on here I got a answer from someone that made sense I did have a new windsheild put in a few years ago and when it rains my Durango goes nuts and the only thing I can do is take off the battery cable each time leave it for a few min put it back on and it is ok again.

Pretty crazy stuff I am not a rich person so things have to be done by me most of the time not easy but I seem to figure it out and I teach my girls to always rely on themselves and learn all they can about anything and everything.

well thats about all just so glad I found this site its a great one.

T

Old 04-06-2009, 12:26 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator

Originally Posted by supermom1970
Hello my name is Tracy I am a mom of threegirls and this site is great for people that have to do things on their own, I have had so many problems with my 01 Durango Elec. stuff and had so many look at it finally on here I got a answer from someone that made sense I did have a new windsheild put in a few years ago and when it rains my Durango goes nuts and the only thing I can do is take off the battery cable each time leave it for a few min put it back on and it is ok again.

Pretty crazy stuff I am not a rich person so things have to be done by me most of the time not easy but I seem to figure it out and I teach my girls to always rely on themselves and learn all they can about anything and everything.

well thats about all just so glad I found this site its a great one.

T
I am glad you got it all figured out Thats what most of us are here for, to share knowledge, help others, and spread the DODGE LOVE Thanx for the compliments!

Old 04-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Doc Holliday1863
Default Welcome to the Dodge Forum Mike

Hello Mike,Lightblt02.Casse and hello to everyone else in the forum. I'm still waiting on an announcement from Chrysler regaurding their going into bankruptcy and if they are still going to back our warrenties or not.
Have a nice day
Hileman

Quick Reply: If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself