New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 09:50 AM
mistergabe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi i am a new one to this site, thought it can be very helpful to me and my situation. i hope to get some answes and help after all the great things i read before signing up. thanks for allowing me into your community

Old 03-31-2009, 10:14 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to DF gabe! Glad you joined! Thanks! Hope all is figured out for you!

Old 03-31-2009, 10:18 AM
jodymae

tnx for d warm welcome lghtngblt02! ya seems dat off topic is interesting, i'l check them out

Old 03-31-2009, 03:01 PM
Docwhitley
Rookie
Default Newbie with a truck of GOLD!!!!

Ok it is really a gold truck.... ok well actually it is Light Almond, BUT ATLEAST IT IS A DODGE! My name is Will and I sold cars for years aproximately 4 in a new Dodge dealership and then went into finance and sales management. When I decided to get married I decided it was time to get out of the business to dedicate my life to my family not my career. Unfortunately after 8 years in the business I realized I sold my car (a 94 Duster) and was with out a car. After years in the business I decided to wait when the auto industry started to crash before purchasing a car since I started a company 5 blocks from my house it was no big deal... 1 month into the new business I got a call from a friend who said he has 10 used Rams on his lot and a guy who is looking to sell his Ram but not by a car apparently the Economy was hitting him real hard.... So $4000 later I find myself the proud owner of a 2004 4.7 liter long Bed RAM, Reg cab with crank windows. Hey it was a good deal.... oh it only had 36000 miles. 1 mirror and 1 tire and it cruised right through in spection.... Now as a New Ram owner I just have one question.... HOW DO I GET THE KEYS BACK FROM THE WIFE!!!!!

Old 03-31-2009, 05:17 PM
sharky
Default new guy

hello , my name is Mike and i am an old time MOPAR guy,not only cause im old(55),but i have had a couple of 70's mopar muscle cars back in the day and there is nothing quite like putting a 440 magnum charger sideways coming out of the hole !! I miss those days,but i do enjoy driving my 06 dodge ram 1500 4x4 QC. around,stricktly stock 4.7,but am thinking about a superchip,and a cai here shortly.hope i can get some good recommendations from you good people out there!talk at ya later !

Old 03-31-2009, 06:51 PM
1armyguy
Amateur

Hello all, new here. Currently looking at a 99 Durango SLT+ Dark Green for
$4500 with 87+K on it. Looking for something to do a little 4wheeling in once in a while. Not real hard core stuff, just out having a little fun, but most of all, looking for a good SUV.
My first car was a dodge coronet and have had a couple other dodges and a jeep in between. Wish me luck. I look forward to a fun time on this site.
Lots of good information here. GREAT site

Old 04-01-2009, 08:29 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator

Originally Posted by Docwhitley
Ok it is really a gold truck.... ok well actually it is Light Almond, BUT ATLEAST IT IS A DODGE! My name is Will and I sold cars for years aproximately 4 in a new Dodge dealership and then went into finance and sales management. When I decided to get married I decided it was time to get out of the business to dedicate my life to my family not my career. Unfortunately after 8 years in the business I realized I sold my car (a 94 Duster) and was with out a car. After years in the business I decided to wait when the auto industry started to crash before purchasing a car since I started a company 5 blocks from my house it was no big deal... 1 month into the new business I got a call from a friend who said he has 10 used Rams on his lot and a guy who is looking to sell his Ram but not by a car apparently the Economy was hitting him real hard.... So $4000 later I find myself the proud owner of a 2004 4.7 liter long Bed RAM, Reg cab with crank windows. Hey it was a good deal.... oh it only had 36000 miles. 1 mirror and 1 tire and it cruised right through in spection.... Now as a New Ram owner I just have one question.... HOW DO I GET THE KEYS BACK FROM THE WIFE!!!!!
Welcome to DF Doc Sounds like you caught yourself a good deal! As far as getting the keys back from the wife, good luck , maybe get her a Ram too

Originally Posted by sharky
hello , my name is Mike and i am an old time MOPAR guy,not only cause im old(55),but i have had a couple of 70's mopar muscle cars back in the day and there is nothing quite like putting a 440 magnum charger sideways coming out of the hole !! I miss those days,but i do enjoy driving my 06 dodge ram 1500 4x4 QC. around,stricktly stock 4.7,but am thinking about a superchip,and a cai here shortly.hope i can get some good recommendations from you good people out there!talk at ya later !
Welcome to Df Mike! You have had quiet the collection. I would practically die for a 440 Magnum Charger As far as the 4.7 I am sure the guys in the Ram Section could help ya and the CAI and Superchip is well worth it from what I hear. I am running a CAI on and a few other things on my 4.7 and its amazing

Originally Posted by 1armyguy
Hello all, new here. Currently looking at a 99 Durango SLT+ Dark Green for
$4500 with 87+K on it. Looking for something to do a little 4wheeling in once in a while. Not real hard core stuff, just out having a little fun, but most of all, looking for a good SUV.
My first car was a dodge coronet and have had a couple other dodges and a jeep in between. Wish me luck. I look forward to a fun time on this site.
Lots of good information here. GREAT site
Welcome to DF 1army Glad ya joined. Enjoy the site!

Old 04-01-2009, 09:09 PM
Alwaysnaked

New guy here, first time truck owner, got a 06 1500 Quad Big Horn with a hemi. LOVE IT. Really wanted a dodge truck in 1994 when the new style came out, but could never afford it. The 14 year wait was worth it.

In the midst of adding some little upgrades to it. Already did a K&N cold air in take with a raidair TB spacer (love the whistle). My next thing is some MOPAR nerf bars. They are sitting in my dinning room, waiting for good weather.

Glad to see such a huge Ram forum, hope to get some good ideas, and maybe offer some help!

Old 04-02-2009, 08:46 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator

Originally Posted by Alwaysnaked
New guy here, first time truck owner, got a 06 1500 Quad Big Horn with a hemi. LOVE IT. Really wanted a dodge truck in 1994 when the new style came out, but could never afford it. The 14 year wait was worth it.

In the midst of adding some little upgrades to it. Already did a K&N cold air in take with a raidair TB spacer (love the whistle). My next thing is some MOPAR nerf bars. They are sitting in my dinning room, waiting for good weather.

Glad to see such a huge Ram forum, hope to get some good ideas, and maybe offer some help!
Welcome to DF Always! Glad you got the truck you always have wanted! Some nice upgrades so far too! Do you have photos of the truck by chance Here at DF we are glad you joined. The Ram Section is huge. It is one of our largest sections! Enjoy!

Old 04-02-2009, 01:59 PM
Mopar330
Default Hi, I'm New To This Site

I have been a Mopar fan as long as I can remember. First new Mopar was a 1973 340 Duster. Wish I still had it...over the years I have had numerous Mopars. Oldest was '50 pickup with 4-link rear, built 360 and auto trans. All steel body with tubbed box. Had '67 Chrysler Town&Country wagon 440-4 w/fact air, 74 Dart and currently drive a '64 Dodge 330 4-door with factory 4-speed, suregrip and 383 4-Barrel. All vehicles owned are Chrysler products.

Quick Reply: If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself