New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 12:10 PM
R/Tona
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Starting at University of Toledo for an Electrical Engineering Degree. Hoping it's the right degree, but I realize I'll probably need to relocate when I'm through.

BTW, just sent an invite on LinkedIn also.

Thanks for the welcome!

Old 04-15-2009, 12:23 PM
photog101
Smile Thinking of returning to a Dodge Truck

Yes, I am new to the board, hopefully so I can find my next truck. Last Dodge that I had was a 1996 1500 with a 5.9L (gas) and it did well until I had to replace the entire front suspension @ 175,000 miles. I had an opportunity to trade it in on a Chev Tracker, which I towed behind my motorhome. For my next truck, I picked up a Chev Dually, to haul a 4000# Truck camper around.

So I am now ready to downsize back to a 2500, with a diesel, a 5 speed automatic trans, I don't need a crew cab, but an extended cab would be nice.

So this is why I have come over to this site. I need more information about which years still had the extended cab and which 5.9L diesels were the best prior to ULSD fuel.

I hope to have a good learning experience here. Looks like this is a good site.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:02 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Ram15Hundo
Howdy partners!! I just bought a 2006 Ram 1500 yesterday and I make it a priority to find the best forum sight for my babies in the garage so DF is the lucky winner! HAHA. This is my first Dodge truck and I love it so far. I am from Central Illinois and am a cop. I look forward to contributing to this forum and learning from my fellow Dodge owners.
Welcome to DF Ram15! Glad you joined the site! I am sure you'll be a great asset! Hope you enjoy!

Originally Posted by R/Tona
Starting at University of Toledo for an Electrical Engineering Degree. Hoping it's the right degree, but I realize I'll probably need to relocate when I'm through.

BTW, just sent an invite on LinkedIn also.

Thanks for the welcome!
Awesome Degree, I am a Civil Engineer and I had to relocate as well.

Originally Posted by photog101
Yes, I am new to the board, hopefully so I can find my next truck. Last Dodge that I had was a 1996 1500 with a 5.9L (gas) and it did well until I had to replace the entire front suspension @ 175,000 miles. I had an opportunity to trade it in on a Chev Tracker, which I towed behind my motorhome. For my next truck, I picked up a Chev Dually, to haul a 4000# Truck camper around.

So I am now ready to downsize back to a 2500, with a diesel, a 5 speed automatic trans, I don't need a crew cab, but an extended cab would be nice.

So this is why I have come over to this site. I need more information about which years still had the extended cab and which 5.9L diesels were the best prior to ULSD fuel.

I hope to have a good learning experience here. Looks like this is a good site.

Welcome to DF Photo! I am sure you we'll learn quite a bit here Good luck and enjoy the site

Old 04-15-2009, 04:09 PM
hot_rod_chick
Default new here 2000 ram parts

Hi, I'm new to this forum, am here to part out my truck 2000 Ram 1500, cab was torched engine, tranny, rear end, lights all good, does anybody need some parts? V6 2WD everything under truck is good exhaust, gas tank, bed burnt in front, front body pieces damaged/burnt no good already sold bumper and tailgate. hate that it happened, hope someone can help recoup some losses...

Old 04-16-2009, 10:42 PM
mjf4UGA
Default Newb

Hello all. I'm new on here, and I beleive this is my first post. I sold my 03 Hemi, 2wd Laramie thunder road about a month ago. I got a 06 Hemi 2wd about 2 weeks ago. I'm wanting to put a dual exhaust system and possibly a cold air intake on it. What do you guys and ladies think. Magnaflow or Flowmaster and what intake do you all suggest if any. Any other suggestions would be appreciated also. I never did anything to my other Ram so this will be my first mod. Thanks Matt

Old 04-17-2009, 09:41 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by hot_rod_chick
Hi, I'm new to this forum, am here to part out my truck 2000 Ram 1500, cab was torched engine, tranny, rear end, lights all good, does anybody need some parts? V6 2WD everything under truck is good exhaust, gas tank, bed burnt in front, front body pieces damaged/burnt no good already sold bumper and tailgate. hate that it happened, hope someone can help recoup some losses...
Welcome to DF hot_rod! Sorry for your loss. Hopefully some can help out! Enjoy the site!

Originally Posted by mjf4UGA
Hello all. I'm new on here, and I beleive this is my first post. I sold my 03 Hemi, 2wd Laramie thunder road about a month ago. I got a 06 Hemi 2wd about 2 weeks ago. I'm wanting to put a dual exhaust system and possibly a cold air intake on it. What do you guys and ladies think. Magnaflow or Flowmaster and what intake do you all suggest if any. Any other suggestions would be appreciated also. I never did anything to my other Ram so this will be my first mod. Thanks Matt
Welcome to DF Matt! Have you checked out the 3rd Gen Ram Section Those guys and gals should be able to give ya some advice Good luck and enjoy!

Old 04-18-2009, 11:01 AM
HULKING WAR MACHINE

New here guys I just bought a 1974 Dodge B200 3 speed V8.. As a family project and need a place to get stock parts to make her look like new any help would be nice

Old 04-18-2009, 06:29 PM
kev2
Veteran
Default introduction

Retired... helping and sharing my automotive experience with, family (not all), friends (to often) and the less fortunate in the community. current or expired credentials ...ASE, EPA, State inspector certificates, GMPST, mech eng deg, @30yrs with dirty hands.retired... but cannot help tinkering

hoping I can add some usefully helpful information, I am on a constant quest for information.....and I will always share...
the holy grail this week is dodge chry jeep- trouble codes WITH hyper link to the trouble shooting trees...

Old 04-18-2009, 11:04 PM
mjf4UGA
Thumbs up thanks

Originally Posted by lghtngblt02
Welcome to DF hot_rod! Sorry for your loss. Hopefully some can help out! Enjoy the site!

Welcome to DF Matt! Have you checked out the 3rd Gen Ram Section Those guys and gals should be able to give ya some advice Good luck and enjoy!
Ok I will check that out. Thanks for the welcom and the advice.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:38 AM
kujo406
Default newbie

whats going on guys and gals. Iam 23 married in the Army waiting to come home from my long tour to see the wife and get started on my pickup. I have a 82 D-series stepside. I have a buddy that has a J10 Jeep with a AMC 360 in it. I want to take that 360 rebuild it and put it in my dodge. I want to know if any one has information on this truck and books i could buy so i can learn before i start digging in. Iam new to the rebuild seen and i think this would be a good start for me. Please reply i would like to know where i can get started. Thank You Kujo

Quick Reply: If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself