New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Newb from Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 10:35 AM
TeeWJay426
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Newb from Ohio

Very nice! Bet you wish you had those back! I know I would!

Old 08-12-2005, 01:28 PM
Javelin290

Yes I do. As much as I like my Javelin, I miss my Charger and Super Bee the most. My Super Bee wasn't as nice as my Charger was, it was white with red stripe and red interior. Motor was a 383 also. But I have many great memories tied to those two cars. Never lost a race with either of those cars save one. And that was to a 66 GTO. I just couldn't get past him. Stay with him yes, pass him no. But those two cars I had the best time in. A quick story on the Super Bee.

I heard of a guy who had a 69 Chevelle in town bad mouthin my Super Bee. He work at a gas station just on the outskirts of a town. One night I drove by there while Dopey was out front pumpin gas. I stopped the Bee in front of the station and really lite into it, I didn't let up. Just outside of town, there was a set of railroad tracks and an access dirt drive. I must have been doing about 90 to 100 when I hit those tracks, speed limit was 35.

Out of the corner of my eye I caught the sight of a cop car sitting about 10 feet in on that dirt road. I thought "Ah Sh$t." So I pulled the Bee over, got out and sat on the deck lid to wait for him. I could hear the Ford LTD just screamin for all it was worth. Then I saw the light bar come up over the hill and a pair of sheriff eyes the size of 50 cent pieces when he saw me sitting on the deck lid waiting for him. He locked the brakes to pullover, he was truckin pretty good. He got out and shook his head, walked up to me and I handed him my drivers license. He said "Boy, I've never had someone run like that, pull over and wait on me." He tagged me for illegal exhaust when he could of got me for so much more, as he heard me clear back at the gas station. Hah, fun times like that I miss. The good ole days!

Old 08-17-2005, 01:07 AM
Javelin290

A pic of our cross-ram. There were three in our family. The first one was when my uncle bought his 61 Fury Golden Commando. He had the 383 cross-ram. After one ride in his Fury, my dad was sold and I sure was impressed. Even as a small kid. It was pumpin out 375hp and 465 ft. lb of torque. He could pick up the front wheels with it.

Later in our 300k we had the same thing, but 413 block. That was 410hp and 485 ft. lb of torque. The rams worked around the 1800 - 3600 rpm range. While you might think the 64 300k was a tank, with this motor in it, you'd be surprised just how quick this car would launch. A wicked motor. Plus it would draw a crowd when we had the hood open at the car shows.

I don't think I have a pic of the car, it was black with white interior, but if I find it, I'll post it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/19656/2AAC5D34CD314FB087090575DA776DE0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-17-2005, 09:16 AM
TeeWJay426
Record Breaker

Wouldn't surprise me at all. My Dad was working at a Dodge dealer in the mid '60's, and a regular customer there had a '64 300K he had bought new that had the 413 Ram Induction in it. That was always one of my Dad's favorite cars, and was very fast for a big car.

Old 08-17-2005, 03:43 PM
dodgekid
Professional

Nice truck bud. Very nice. That color is pretty cool too. I think it'd be cool to have a yellow pickup. Very, very ye catching. I love your Charger too, and your Javv is pretty nice too, man. Keep postin pics, it'll be good to see ya around. :-).

Quick Reply: Newb from Ohio