New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New to the forum!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 10:37 PM
2001DakotaSLT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the forum!

Hows it goin guys. Brand new to the forum. I've found some great info on things here but never actually made an account. Well I'm here now lol. I've got an 01 Dakota QC SLT no mods just yet. I'm 18 and was given this truck as my first ride. (They wanted to buy me a car.... Needless to say i made a pretty convincing argument on giving me the truck) It was just sittin up at my uncles house rotting away. Been sittin for 7 years cause the father couldn't afford the gas lol. He dumped it at the uncles house and bought himself a Jetta TDI 50mpg's... Ever since then its been sittin. But its in good hands now, regardless of the rep. teenagers have lol. Its a 4.7 w/ 66k miles and runs like a dream except for a pesky evap leak. Any thoughts or problem area's on that would be great. But anyway thats just a short intro on myself and how i acquired my baby. Ill post some pictures when I can. Idk when that'll be but i plan to spend some time on here.

Thanks - Sean

Old 05-15-2012, 12:04 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
Replace all the hoses for the evap system, the hoses maybe just rotten out and causing the evap codes.

Quick Reply: New to the forum!