New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Aloha from Oklahoma

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 08:24 PM
andthatsalrightwithme
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aloha from Oklahoma

I'm the owner of a 99 hi top conversion I found online down in Arlington a couple of years ago. Left very northern Oklahoma and drove all night to be there when their doors opened to see it in person.
I always loved the 70's song "Chevy Van" so my username is from that song, LOL!

Old 07-24-2012, 12:13 AM
blackvan
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome!

I am glad you found the ram van forum OK. Please let us know if you have additional questions.

I immediately recognized the Chevy van song reference so I guess that pretty much gives away my age bracket, lol.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:48 AM
andthatsalrightwithme
Rookie

The internet is a right funny thing. I typed in fiberglass running boards and amid the list was this site. It's not too populated with conversion van owners tho. 30 people read what I wrote and said nothing whatsoever. Or is that those bot things? LOL!

I figured at least one person would get that song stuck in their head from my username, tehehehehehe

Old 07-24-2012, 03:05 PM
blackvan
All Star

It's true. There aren't many conversion van owners here but there are a few of us. There are other forums if you search that have more custom vans but I haven't found any forum that has been as helpful to me as this one.

I have a short wheel base 2000 Regency conversion which I bought last year. It is nice but pretty basic inside. But it's exactly what I was looking for and it fits in my garage. I was surprised how much I enjoy this van! I bought it intending to use it just as a backup/secondary vehicle but has become my daily driver.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:02 AM
andthatsalrightwithme
Rookie

Barring the lack of hi top, I am surprised that it's on the plain side. I am salivating over an 01 Regency conversion that is sa weet!! Don't know if I am gonna be able to works any deals with them tho.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:20 PM
blackvan
All Star

Oh, don't get me wrong, the interior is quite nice. It's just not a "varnished wood panels and ceiling mirrors" type conversion. I like it because I can remove the seating and use the van to haul cargo without tearing anything up.

These are the "before" pics from my van project album. The stains came out of the interior wall but the carpet isn't wonderful. I just bought new black carpeting and hope to get it in soon.

http://webmiscreants.com/im/before1.jpg

http://webmiscreants.com/im/in_b1.jpg

http://webmiscreants.com/im/in_b3.jpg

Last edited by blackvan; 07-26-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:37 AM
andthatsalrightwithme
Rookie

Um, it doesn't look black to me?
Wow, seeing the low ceiling brings back the memories of my first DV, couldn't stand all the way up at 5'8, LOL. We traveled well in it tho.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:22 PM
blackvan
All Star

Yes, that's what makes these the "before" pics

I painted it in February, it's an ongoing project.

Old 07-27-2012, 10:58 AM
andthatsalrightwithme
Rookie

Ahh, I see. Cool!

I have the dealership where the newer, prettier, less miles van is at offering to give me 2500 for mine and make it to where I don't have to pay taxes when I register it and buy plates here in my state. I need to get him to come down a smidge on the newer one but don't really know how to finagle, LOL!

Quick Reply: Aloha from Oklahoma