New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 07:53 PM
97caravansport
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Please help!!!

Hi my family is stranded in another state right now. On the way to where they were going there 1997 dodge caravan sport 3.3 just died and wouldn't start back up. There have been dash lights on the air bag and service engine, the codes that were pulled was a small and large evap system leak. They just put a new pump in the van, the pump is working just not getting to the engine. And the lines look okay and there's not a gas leak could anyone please help me to get there car going sure they can come home please????

Old 08-08-2012, 11:42 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF

Sorry to hear the van is stranded. Does the engine turn over and if it does, do you have spark and the plugs?

Old 09-16-2012, 08:21 PM
pondwater

probably the ign switch-I found issue with ign wires-red12 += good blue12 + when key turned to on = good yellow 0 power on run or when trying to start = bad - easy cheap fix = momentary push button switch from a steady +12v on one side splice into yellow on the other= WORKS LIKE A CHARM !! of course turn ign to run mode & thun just push button for a second or two-household lite switch would work also if you want to redneck it=just turn on and off quickly !!!!))))))

Old 09-17-2012, 12:22 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

I haven't seen another post from the member, so no one knows if the problem was fixed.

Old 09-17-2012, 04:01 PM
pondwater
Default could be !!

maybe he got it running ??