New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Should I buy a Dodge Ram?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 08:35 AM
viewert
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I buy a Dodge Ram?

Hi guys,

I'm new here.. The reason I've joined this forums is that I'm looking for a new car and I need your opinion. I'm interested in a new Dodge Ram.. This is the specific version: http://www.autocomparison.com/new-cars/2012/Ram-1500/ a 2WD Regular Cab 6.3 Ft Box ST.. Is there someone around here who owns a 2WD and can share his opinion?
You're probably a little biased towards Dodge, but I'm also looking for the new Ford F150. What would you guys advice?

Old 11-14-2012, 11:51 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rams are great if you're patient. Not many people are though, so that is why they get a bad rap.

I love my Ram even though I've spent more money than I should have.

The plus side of driving a Ram is that everyone will know you're driving a Ram.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:47 PM
Nate_sorenson
Veteran

not going to lie, i drove a brand new f150 platinum a few days ago, had a powerstep and huge touchscreen radio, so luxurious and they are getting the best mileage around (atleast they boast about it on commercials) I would consider either one, but I'd still go with the ram since mines been good to me

Old 11-14-2012, 11:18 PM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd go with the dodge, I haven't been impressed with the repairs we've been doing on the 4.6/5.4 motors.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:55 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ford steped it up with the 5.0 and eco bost engines and I agree the 4.6 and 5.4 3v ford engines are less than the cats meow, if I had to buy a new truck, Dodge is dead last on my list, I would miss the hemi for sure, and if your going to get a Ram thats the engine of choice.

A GM or Titan would be my chioce and only because thier a lot less money, thier not updated like a ford or dodge with the newest hype in features or advertising, Titan and GM are basicly unchanged in thier pressent form and due for a refresh

If you want the new flash for cash and can put up with the dodge quriks and Fait ownership, than go for a dodge.

If you like to change your own spark plugs and tinker, the vorteck V8s have ample room under the hood and 8 spark plugs, and have mega hp hop out potential, the hemi puts out more stock wise, if you have no desire for off road or just 4wd on the high way, GMC trucks are great ( but ground clearance sucks)

To be truly happy you have to test drive them all.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:57 AM
Nate_sorenson
Veteran

Originally Posted by cyclone429
Ford steped it up with the 5.0 and eco bost engines and I agree the 4.6 and 5.4 3v ford engines are less than the cats meow, if I had to buy a new truck, Dodge is dead last on my list, I would miss the hemi for sure, and if your going to get a Ram thats the engine of choice.

A GM or Titan would be my chioce and only because thier a lot less money, thier not updated like a ford or dodge with the newest hype in features or advertising, Titan and GM are basicly unchanged in thier pressent form and due for a refresh

If you want the new flash for cash and can put up with the dodge quriks and Fait ownership, than go for a dodge.

If you like to change your own spark plugs and tinker, the vorteck V8s have ample room under the hood and 8 spark plugs, and have mega hp hop out potential, the hemi puts out more stock wise, if you have no desire for off road or just 4wd on the high way, GMC trucks are great ( but ground clearance sucks)

To be truly happy you have to test drive them all.
i agree, i would be satisfied with a titan, they look pretty agressive, as far as the outdated technolgy; hell aftermarket on all that new audio and head unit, as long as it has power windows and remote locks im good!

Old 11-17-2012, 05:06 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IM going a wee bit astray here, but in 06 I came close to buying a Titan, I went with a Ram 2500 because it was cheaper and I needed more of a work truck.

Thiers a website in canada called newcarselloff.com Dealers that can't move thier inventory out list units at thier best price, Ford, Dodge, ect.

I found A 2012 Titan prox 4x4 for 34,000 grand, Titans take a kicking in depreaction, worse than any othier brand...But I still like the looks of them.

Im not so sure than brand A is better than brand b, its all abought choice and Im still convinced my 06 Ram 2500 is better than any new truck im going to find, as I have my 6sp man transmisson.

If dodge had the oppertunity to buy a hemi with a 6sp, than by all means I would stay with dodge, a s dodge no longer has that option, I don't feel loyal to the brand.

Old 11-24-2012, 10:24 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

I throught Nissan was dropping the truck line. I know that working on the Fords, that body needs to be lifted to replace head gaskets.

Quick Reply: Should I buy a Dodge Ram?