New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New member in North Carolina.

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 10:01 PM
Mandy99
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member in North Carolina.

Hello all I am new to this group but not to mopar. I currently own a 1999 dodge durango slt 4x4 5.9. Didn't pay much for the truck (only $500). Its had a lot of problems , but that is to be expected. I got this truck about 5 months ago and have already replaced upper and lower ball joints put a good set of 31 10.50's on it. Blacked out the rear windows, added a grill guard, new aftermarket solid headlights. Had to put in a radio (someone robbed the aftermarket system out) in it. That was a nightmare in itself. Now I have a problem I can't figure out. I ordered a new key fob off ebay since the truck didn't have one when I bought it. Hooked my dads old snap-on scanner up to it and was able to turn the red theift light on. However I can't seem to get the truck to accept the new key fob. Is there anyway to tell short of taking it to a dealer to find out if the truck can use the key fob?

Old 06-12-2013, 10:31 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Welcome to DF Get one of these online from Dodge

http://www.dodge.com/wccsapp/univers...ull&category=R

It will tell if the truck came with that option installed.

And make sure you check out the Durango section here on DF and ask any questions you may have there.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:16 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Welcome to DF from a fellow North Caroline'r. Wwhat part of the state? Like stated, post your question in the Durango section, they will be able to help you out.

Quick Reply: New member in North Carolina.