New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Almost Home

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 04:05 AM
tgaskan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost Home

Hey everyone I'm new to this site I'll be home from Afghanistan in December and I just bought a 03 durango SLT with the 5.9. It's not my first dodge I've owned but it's my first 360 I'm pretty excited about it.

Old 10-21-2013, 07:53 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Welcome to DF! Be sure to check out the Durango section. Thank you for your service!

Old 10-21-2013, 12:00 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Welcome to DF And also a big thanks.

Old 10-22-2013, 07:49 AM
tgaskan

Hey thanks everybody for the welcome, and I'll be sure to check out the durango section, also whats the best way to get a little better gas mileage out of a 360 anybody know?

Old 10-22-2013, 10:48 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Received 3,179 Likes on 2,932 Posts

Put nails in the bottom of your right shoe.

360's really aren't known for their stellar fuel economy. Best you can do is make sure everything is up to snuff. Plenum is fixed, cat, and O2 sensors in good condition, and all maintenance is kept up to date.

Old 10-23-2013, 07:43 AM
tgaskan

OK, hey what do you mean make sure the plenum is fixed? Is there a common problem with those on the engines I haven't heard of that one yet. I do know their not known for stellar fuel economy but I was just trying to punch out a few more mpg you know.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:00 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Received 3,179 Likes on 2,932 Posts

if you have the 'kegger' manifold on that 360, be aware it is a two-piece unit, with a steel pan bolted to the bottom. (where you can't get at it, without pulling the intake.) That gasket likes to blow out, which then sucks oil into the intake, and eats O2 sensors, catalytic converters, trashes fuel economy, and can lead to excessive oil consumption. There is a thread stickied in the second gen ram section detailing what all is up there. (and I think it would all apply to yours as well, same engine...)

Old 10-23-2013, 11:45 AM
ChillyPhil
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HeyYou
if you have the 'kegger' manifold on that 360, be aware it is a two-piece unit, with a steel pan bolted to the bottom. (where you can't get at it, without pulling the intake.) That gasket likes to blow out, which then sucks oil into the intake, and eats O2 sensors, catalytic converters, trashes fuel economy, and can lead to excessive oil consumption. There is a thread stickied in the second gen ram section detailing what all is up there. (and I think it would all apply to yours as well, same engine...)
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...um-thread.html

^There's everything you'll need to know about the plenum. And welcome to the forums!

Quick Reply: Almost Home