New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Hullo!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 01:36 PM
novicius
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hullo!

Howdy DF,

novicius checking in here -- picked up this link off of moparchat.com.

Just the vitals here: I jockey a white '98 Neo' R/T daily as well as autocross it on weekends, and I am entering my 10th year with my '71 'Cuda (440, auto, non-numbers matching). Just pulled her out two nights ago and snapped a pick with the cellphone:

Eventually will go Pro Touring with her, but keeping the Neo' stock to compete in my class autox'ing...

- novicius -

Old 04-09-2004, 01:52 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Hullo!

WELCOME TO DF!! Glad you joined us!! That's a SWEET Cuda... and a damn nice cell phone to snap such a nice pic... hehehehe!! I see the Neon in the background... maybe we'll get a closer shot of her later? Either way, welcome, I hope to see you here often and thanks for sharing such beautiful cars with us... seeing the Cuda instantly brought a smile to my face.

~Amanda

Old 04-09-2004, 02:08 PM
novicius
Professional

Thanks -- yep, I need to update my webspace with my car pics. My wife and I recently moved so the PC is currently still packed away in boxes; moving is a pain the ****!

The 'Cuda is running a little sickly right now [:'(]; she's due for a solid tune up before it gets too nice...

- novicius -

Old 04-09-2004, 02:37 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

Congrats on the move, hope it all went smoothly. Do you have a website already...? What's the link...? Or should I wait until you update...?

Ooooh... no... I'll help nurse it back to health... LMAO! Good gracious, it's just so beautiful...

Are those your only two Mopars? I see your neighbors don't have your good taste... (Ford... yuck! LMAO!)

~Amanda

Old 04-09-2004, 02:48 PM
novicius
Professional

Well, the wife drives a '99 Jeep Wrangler Sport (4.0L 5-spd) but that's about it. Actually, my neighbor on the other side of that duplex had a very nice, very clean Intrepid R/T for what it's worth. *shrug*

Yeah, the 'Cuda is in sad shape, mechanically. I need to put in some new plugs, wires, get a new oil pan and gasket (it leaks), new intake and reseal the valley plate (that leaks), and replace the valve cover gasket on the passenger side (that leaks, too). Plus the tranny seems rather sloppy so that needs to be looked at as well. Did I mention that the rear leafs are cracked and the rear-end is whining? [:'(] *sigh*

I'm sticking with the Neo' until either a new HEMI Charger comes out, or I pick up a HEMI 300C, slightly used. One way or another, my next newer car is going to have the new HEMI in it... [sm=smiley16.gif]

- novicius -

Old 04-09-2004, 02:55 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

Nice Jeep! Love a 5 speed!

At least some of your neighbors are a good influence... bringing Fords home to the neighborhood... not good for moral. Hehehe! (I'm just a little biased... hehehe!)

For what it's worth, it looks like it's perfect from the outside... at least from that one shot I've seen. All I'm going to say about what's 'wrong' with it is that it could be worse... and what a treasure it is for when you do fix her all up. You're very lucky!

The Neon sounds totally awesome! What mods are done to her?

NICE!! That's my goal, although I'll never get rid of The Lady In Red, when I can afford it, a Hemi will be apart of my family. Between the Charger and the Hemi 300C... Hmmmm... tough choice.. I love both for different reasons... LMAO! I'll take 'em both please... Hahaha!

~Amanda

Old 04-09-2004, 03:05 PM
novicius
Professional

Well, ok, twist my arm -- here is the other pic I took with my lil' phone Wednesday, you just have to turn your head to get an idea of it (until I can tilt it in Photoshop and upload it again):

No mods to the Neo' at this time; I race in what's called D-Stock and I'm limited in what I can do and not get kicked into the next class. I think I'm going to be getting a set of MP springs for her and a new set of sticky Falken Azenis tires, that's about it. No CAI, no new ECU, nothing -- I'll get bumped from my class...

- novicius -

Old 04-09-2004, 03:12 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

I tilted her for ya...

I understand about the Neon... very cool!! have you run her on the 1/4 Mile? Is it a road race type of thing...? I'm sorry for all the questions... autocross and D class... all new to me... LOL!

The ECM... that's those evil companies... PCM is Mopar... hehehe! But if you need discounts on any MP Parts... seriously let me know... even just for a price. I'm sure I can save you something unless you've got your own hook up.

~Amanda

Old 04-09-2004, 03:28 PM
novicius
Professional

Yep, thanks for the adjustment on the pic; the paint isn't too terrible from about 10 ft. away, but it is beginning to crack and look like alligator skin. I would like to paint her Viper Steel Gray (and get some proper 'Cuda gills for the fiberglas front fenders) -- one thing at a time, tho'. [&:]

ORIGINAL: Dodgegirl19
I understand about the Neon... very cool!! have you run her on the 1/4 Mile? Is it a road race type of thing...? I'm sorry for all the questions... autocross and D class... all new to me... LOL!
Parking lot autocross is a solo timed competition on a lot with cones laying out the course. Speeds rarely stray over 60 mph and the corners are tight, so having a nimble ride with grippy tires and little body roll is usually more effective than big horsepower. Ergo, I'm looking at my suspension mods since the Neo' already is packing about as much horse as I'm liable to see (BMW 318ti's, Civics, Integras, Fieros, etc.). Small stock-sized rims, stiff springs, Koni adjustable shocks, beefy sway bars, sticky meats, that's the direction I'm going with the Neo'.

ORIGINAL: Dodgegirl19
The ECM... that's those evil companies... PCM is Mopar... hehehe! But if you need discounts on any MP Parts... seriously let me know... even just for a price. I'm sure I can save you something unless you've got your own hook up.
Ah, see, I can't use it so I haven't even paid attention to it! Good to know, when I'm ready to pull the trigger on those springs, I'll post it, thanks.

Friendly forum here... [sm=smiley20.gif]

- novicius -

Old 04-09-2004, 03:44 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

Oooh I know what autocross is now... DUH! HOW AWESOME!! I wish I did something like that, but I'm sure my truck can't take corners like a Neon, so I'll watch and clap from the sidelines. I think it's awesome you are doing your own thing and not just "go faster"... that's how I am, faster faster faster... LOL! Need go fast parts! My next mods are an M1 MP Intake, Fastman Throttle Body (should be here anytime now), new rear gears for better low end after the M1 Intake, Posi Traction, and so much more... I'm never done...

Do you win trophies or is it a respect thing?

~Amanda

Quick Reply: Hullo!