Hello from BlueDriver - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > General > New Member Area
Reload this Page >

Hello from BlueDriver

New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Hello from BlueDriver

Reply

 
 
 
  #1  
Old 06-26-2017, 09:41 AM
LemurVehicleMonitors
LemurVehicleMonitors is offline
Former Vendor
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 54
Default Hello from BlueDriver

Hey Dodge owners,

You may have noticed our name visible in a few areas of the site over the past few weeks. Please allow me to finally make our official introduction!

We are BlueDriver, an OBD-II scan tool that can read codes, give live data, suggest repairs, and more on compliant Dodge vehicles. I won't get into it too much here, but you can check out our website to learn more and make sure your ride is compatible.

As for the guy behind the keyboard, my name is Nick. I joined BlueDriver at the beginning of May, and will be here until mid-July. My presence here started as a work term for my education in Business, but I was then very happy to accept an extension. I got my Automotive Service Technician certificate in 2013, and worked in garages for a couple of years before deciding to further my education in a different field.

Thanks for having us!
 
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-26-2017, 09:56 AM
HeyYou's Avatar
HeyYou
HeyYou is offline
Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Clayton MI
Posts: 51,714
Default

Originally Posted by LemurVehicleMonitors View Post
Hey Dodge owners,

You may have noticed our name visible in a few areas of the site over the past few weeks. Please allow me to finally make our official introduction!

We are BlueDriver, an OBD-II scan tool that can read codes, give live data, suggest repairs, and more on compliant Dodge vehicles. I won't get into it too much here, but you can check out our website to learn more and make sure your ride is compatible.

As for the guy behind the keyboard, my name is Nick. I joined BlueDriver at the beginning of May, and will be here until mid-July. My presence here started as a work term for my education in Business, but I was then very happy to accept an extension. I got my Automotive Service Technician certificate in 2013, and worked in garages for a couple of years before deciding to further my education in a different field.

Thanks for having us!
Hi Nick. Could we get a list of what PRID's BlueDriver supports? The website isn't real informative on that score.
 
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-26-2017, 10:15 AM
LemurVehicleMonitors
LemurVehicleMonitors is offline
Former Vendor
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 54
Default

The ones available to each vehicle can vary. On our site, scroll down to the FAQ section. Here, you can enter your vehicle information and country to see everything available for your specific vehicle.

As for certain 98 Ram trims, we haven't gathered enough data on specific datapoint support for those.

Hope this helps!
 
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-26-2017, 10:58 AM
HeyYou's Avatar
HeyYou
HeyYou is offline
Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Clayton MI
Posts: 51,714
Default

Originally Posted by LemurVehicleMonitors View Post
The ones available to each vehicle can vary. On our site, scroll down to the FAQ section. Here, you can enter your vehicle information and country to see everything available for your specific vehicle.

As for certain 98 Ram trims, we haven't gathered enough data on specific datapoint support for those.

Hope this helps!
Indeed, really not a lot there....... only a fraction of the available data is supported.

Don't suppose you guys have a list of PRIDs, what they are, and what data is returned by any chance? That would be amazingly helpful.
 
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-26-2017, 11:21 AM
LemurVehicleMonitors
LemurVehicleMonitors is offline
Former Vendor
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 54
Default

We don't have a list to offer at this time. Currently, we do standard OBD-II live data, which includes engine and emissions.

We are always looking for ways to improve, so I will pass your comments along!
 
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-26-2017, 11:32 AM
HeyYou's Avatar
HeyYou
HeyYou is offline
Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Clayton MI
Posts: 51,714
Default

Bummer.

I know the manufacturers always have their vehicle specific prids, but, even if we could get a list of known prids, and their information, it would be a massive help. (granted, BlueDriver wouldn't make any money off it, so, like not real motivated to do so....) Most of the PC based scan tools I have seen are extremely limited in just what data they CAN provide, and it makes troubleshooting some problems rather difficult. There are a fair few sensors under the hood, and most software packages will only deal with just a few of them.

This is most certainly a case of "More is better, and no such thing as too much."
 
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-26-2017, 12:28 PM
LemurVehicleMonitors
LemurVehicleMonitors is offline
Former Vendor
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 54
Default

Yeah, it's a licensing issue. We are continually trying to get more licenses for features like this, so once we get one, we will begin implementing.

For example, we currently support enhanced codes for GM, Chrysler, Ford, Toyota, and BMW, but are soon launching a beta test for Nissan.
 
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-26-2017, 03:06 PM
HeyYou's Avatar
HeyYou
HeyYou is offline
Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Clayton MI
Posts: 51,714
Default

Originally Posted by LemurVehicleMonitors View Post
Yeah, it's a licensing issue. We are continually trying to get more licenses for features like this, so once we get one, we will begin implementing.

For example, we currently support enhanced codes for GM, Chrysler, Ford, Toyota, and BMW, but are soon launching a beta test for Nissan.
But, yer on a DODGE site.

Yeah, I am sure the auto manufacturers keep their info close to the chest. I mean, wouldn't want just anybody to be able to see whats going on there.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: