New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

HELLO THERE!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 12:23 AM
embalmerjeff
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELLO THERE!

Hello Group!

I'm an apprentice funeral director in the Lebanon, PA area. I've been a MOPAR man all my life. At one time, my pride & joy was a '73 Challenger. I'd trade the old lady to have that car back! [8D]

I am the proud owner of a 2001 Intrepid SE with 74,000 miles on it. And yes, it has the dreaded 2.7L motor in it. Knock on wood, I haven't had any sludge problems with it (yet). The motor was out of it over the summer to have the galley plugs replaced because they were leaking oil. It never runs hot, it runs great, and gets decent in-town mileage, and its highway mileage rivals that of some of these new cars being put out today. My wife used to drive it to-and-from Jonestown, PA to Allentown, PA every day which is a 55 mile run one way. When I read about all of these 2.7L engine failures, I got paranoid & took the Intrepid back for my own use. Like clockwork, either I change the oil or my local Dodge dealer will change the oil every 3,000 miles. Hopefully I will not have any sludge problems.

I think that the 2.7L is peppy! I put a K&N filter in mine, and I think that my Intrepid has more spunk than the 3.1L Buick Century at the funeral home.

If anyone can offer any suggestions/advice to further help me keep my Dodge in tip-top shape, please let me know!

Old 11-24-2005, 12:27 AM
Daksport1pa
Banned
Default RE: HELLO THERE!

Welcome to the site fellow Pennsylvanian.

Old 11-24-2005, 12:34 AM
embalmerjeff

Thanks!

Old 11-24-2005, 12:52 AM
Disgorilla
Veteran

Welcome to Dodge Forum,

Old 11-24-2005, 12:57 AM
embalmerjeff

Thanks! That's a sweet truck!

Old 11-24-2005, 02:24 AM
deranged
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Jeff! New here. Long time listener, first time caller guess you could say. Have watched the fun here and learned alot from everybody. Guess what> my first true love, 1973 Dodge Challenger 340 with the ralleye pack. Just what a then 17 year old needed.2nd car I owned and bought it and insured it myself in 75. I too am sorry I let her go. Had her for 17 yrs. That thing SCREAMED! Owned alot of Mopars through the years but can say that car was the best. Currently drive a Dakota and my lovely wife a Neon. Died in the wool MOPAR. I GOT IT BAD!

Old 11-24-2005, 11:53 PM
embalmerjeff

Thanks for the welcome!

I was bit by the MOPAR bug at an early age, too. My Dad has always been a Plymouth man. The one he had that he wishes never got away was a 1957 Plymouth Fury with a 318 & 2-4 barrel carbs, push-button torque-flite trans, and a Sure-Grip rear. I wish he still had that car!!!

Throughout my 17 years of automotive ownership, I've had 2 Chevy Citations and a Pontiac Sunbird (Monza body style), and they were complete junk; and the wife currently drives a Fnord Expedition, because she has no taste for transportation. As long as it has gas and moves on its own power, she doesn't care what it is. I try & get her to appreciate the finer things with wheels, but it's no use...so I gave up trying.

Old 11-25-2005, 02:30 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Welcome!!!

My uncle owns a funeral home and he has made a good "living" at it. I once considered doing the same, but dealing with the family of the deceased is a bit too much for me after being in charge of nuclear weapons (keys and codes) and knowing they mean the end of life of earth as we know it.....(growing older DOES affect your outlook on life)!!!![&:]

Dusty

Old 11-25-2005, 09:12 AM
MGDMike
Champion

ORIGINAL: dustyloins

Welcome!!!

My uncle owns a funeral home and he has made a good "living" at it. I once considered doing the same, but dealing with the family of the deceased is a bit too much for me after being in charge of nuclear weapons (keys and codes) and knowing they mean the end of life of earth as we know it.....(growing older DOES affect your outlook on life)!!!![&:]

Dusty
LMAO!! Welcome to DF man!!!

Old 11-25-2005, 06:03 PM
draftingmonkey
Captain

Welcome to DF. This is the place to come for getting ideas, checking out other peoples rides, asking questions and sharing knowledge. Lots of good people here. Glad to have you aboard.

Good to have more old time Mopar Heads around. I learned on a '61 Plymouth Fury with the 318 poly head engine and push button tranny. Mam that was a quick car. Pappy sold it while I was overseas and moons ago.