New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

This forum has the best Dodge tech advice!

Old 10-14-2018, 09:47 AM
Brown Bag
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This forum has the best Dodge tech advice!

Hi, been an occasional lurker here and have found some great comments, awesome pictures of the best trucks made & civil discussion.

My 93 W150 318ci 4WD Manual has been garage sitting for a year. I bought it new, has 95k and it has sentimental value.
Slowly, I am working on brakes, suspension, steering and anything else to make up for the neglect of the past 25 years.
I'll keep lurking for advice and possibly post advice, regards to all.

ahhhhhhh, I tried for 15 minutes to down-size this. Sorry.

Old 10-14-2018, 10:08 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,170 Likes on 2,923 Posts

No worries, I like pics I can actually see.

Welcome to DF! I suspect you already know where the first gen ram section is.

Gorgeous truck.

Old 10-14-2018, 11:39 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Wow! Nice truck!

Old 10-16-2018, 05:30 AM
dodgecaner

Wow! Nice car! Welcome.

Old 10-16-2018, 02:46 PM
Nate N.
Rookie

Welcome to the forum!

Old 10-16-2018, 06:26 PM
Brown Bag

Thanks all for the welcome. Isn't every Dodge truck gorgeous?

Kind of a greenhorn when it comes to mechanics. I'll be lurking and asking questions from time to time.

Old 10-16-2018, 06:45 PM
Nate N.
Rookie

Originally Posted by Brown Bag
Thanks all for the welcome. Isn't every Dodge truck gorgeous?

Kind of a greenhorn when it comes to mechanics. I'll be lurking and asking questions from time to time.
Yaw, most Ram 1500's are gorgeous! It's just that when you see an older GEM like the one you got, well, you just have to say it! You know, to relieve the mind.

Old 10-16-2018, 07:23 PM
Nolee
Default need good tech assistance 2002 durango security issue

my durango I had it parked over the winter, and started it up in Feb. and used the same key to start it from Feb through to Sept. No issues what so ever. started like normal one day... and then shut down. From this point, self mechanic problem solving began at spark plugs, filters, and moved through replacing ignition switch that showed some short in the prongs and plastic burn, replaced that, and then a BUS came up on dash lights, so problem solved this testing most everything to finally replace EMC? plug . Now security comes on and it will turn over like it always had, but the fuel gauge still does not move and it just will not start. I went to Dodge dealer when I was in the vicinity of one ( I live 250 km from a mechanic) and asked about what it could be... I was advised that the keys have chips in them. So ... I assumed that because I had 3 keys, that using one of the other 2 should tell the electronic system I am the owner.
the anti theft system is passive immobilizer....
So far I have tried:
the head lights on, then remove the pos connector to battery leave 1 hour and turn off headlights, reconnect battery.... to reset ECU
no success in starting
turning keys to the driver door to the right twice and tried to the left twice... after locking it. I only have electric lock. Driver door is only key hole.
no success in starting
unplug battery, lock all doors, replug battery after 1 hour ... unlock doors ...
no success in starting.. remains the same... turns over, will not start....security light flashes on, and fuel gauge does not move.
There was success at one point when it did start but next day would not. This was before these trials, and after replacing some parts. EMC .... on the fuse panel near the motor and battery , one of the plugs looked corroded so that was messed with. It started after that, then next day no.
At the moment, we are trying to do this method... Take battery off. Two connectors tied together and then unplug all things in fuse panel...TIP is that what it is called? anyways leaving it over night and will replug all plugs and see if that will not reset things.
I wonder about the computer... could that be reset ? by unplugging? What the fak to do... am too far from dealer and tech assistance wants the vehicle in... but can't get it to them... sux am single mom and live too far away... anyone...???? I figured because we messed with the ignition etc, it set off security as it originally was not on.... uggh. just need it to start!

please offer some concepts as to bypass the security.... I do not need it where I live, and it is an ***... lol
thanks in advance...

Last edited by Nolee; 10-16-2018 at 08:06 PM. Reason: add info
Old 10-16-2018, 08:50 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Received 3,170 Likes on 2,923 Posts

Originally Posted by Nolee
my durango I had it parked over the winter, and started it up in Feb. and used the same key to start it from Feb through to Sept. No issues what so ever. started like normal one day... and then shut down. From this point, self mechanic problem solving began at spark plugs, filters, and moved through replacing ignition switch that showed some short in the prongs and plastic burn, replaced that, and then a BUS came up on dash lights, so problem solved this testing most everything to finally replace EMC? plug . Now security comes on and it will turn over like it always had, but the fuel gauge still does not move and it just will not start. I went to Dodge dealer when I was in the vicinity of one ( I live 250 km from a mechanic) and asked about what it could be... I was advised that the keys have chips in them. So ... I assumed that because I had 3 keys, that using one of the other 2 should tell the electronic system I am the owner.
the anti theft system is passive immobilizer....
So far I have tried:
the head lights on, then remove the pos connector to battery leave 1 hour and turn off headlights, reconnect battery.... to reset ECU
no success in starting
turning keys to the driver door to the right twice and tried to the left twice... after locking it. I only have electric lock. Driver door is only key hole.
no success in starting
unplug battery, lock all doors, replug battery after 1 hour ... unlock doors ...
no success in starting.. remains the same... turns over, will not start....security light flashes on, and fuel gauge does not move.
There was success at one point when it did start but next day would not. This was before these trials, and after replacing some parts. EMC .... on the fuse panel near the motor and battery , one of the plugs looked corroded so that was messed with. It started after that, then next day no.
At the moment, we are trying to do this method... Take battery off. Two connectors tied together and then unplug all things in fuse panel...TIP is that what it is called? anyways leaving it over night and will replug all plugs and see if that will not reset things.
I wonder about the computer... could that be reset ? by unplugging? What the fak to do... am too far from dealer and tech assistance wants the vehicle in... but can't get it to them... sux am single mom and live too far away... anyone...???? I figured because we messed with the ignition etc, it set off security as it originally was not on.... uggh. just need it to start!

please offer some concepts as to bypass the security.... I do not need it where I live, and it is an ***... lol
thanks in advance...
Start your own thread in the proper Durango section please.

Old 10-17-2018, 05:54 AM
dodgetyfn
Amateur

Wow. Nice truck! Welcome.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: This forum has the best Dodge tech advice!