New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

77 Aspen - Proud Owner!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 07:20 PM
jaywc7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 77 Aspen - Proud Owner!

Hello!

I am so happy to have found these forums.

I recently purchased a very nicely aged 1977 Dodge Aspen. I don't know much at all about this car, but am very thrilled to own and drive it. It's a sweet ride with a sweet look! I bought the car from my Nephew. As a highschooler, it was his first car. My first car was an 82 Cougar XR7. I remember the day that I grew tired with my Cougar, and drooling over newer models, upgraded to an 88 Merkur Scorpio. Throughout the years since then, I have regretted leaving the Cougar. In search of the feeling and admiration for a car like the Cougar, I decided I would look for an older car to fix myself on for a while. I had been envious of my Nephew since the day I saw his Aspen. When I heard he was looking to sell it, I jumped right in with an offer. Now, I have a fun old car again, and that fun old feeling! I really dove into the Aspen with little or no knowledge. I am finding that each day I grow more fond of the car, and am interested in learning more about it. This interest has brought me here to the Dodge Forums. I hope that I can get to know my car better, and meet some fun new people in the process.

Please contact me or reply to this message if you have an Aspen or want to discuss them.

I need all the help I can get!

Old 12-25-2006, 09:28 PM
Daksport1pa
Banned
Default RE: 77 Aspen - Proud Owner!

Welcome to the site.

Old 12-25-2006, 09:56 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Welcome to Dodge Forum, Josh!! Enjoy the site!!

Dusty

Old 12-26-2006, 03:41 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 222 Likes on 207 Posts

welcome to DF...

Old 05-29-2016, 09:57 PM
DylanFan

I also bought a 1977 Aspen today! It was sitting in a parking lot on a street near my house. I have been looking for an older car to work on. This car was stored in a garage for the last 10 years. The owner said that after 10 years they changed the fuel filter, put on a new fuel pump, charged the battery and it started right up! It looks like a new car The inter is spotless and it has only 88K miles! It is a one owner car! I can't transfer the title until Tuesday! What kind of things should I do to the car? I am thinking flush and refill the radiator, change the automatic transmission fluid & change the filter, change the engine oil and filter, drain & refill the rear end and flush the brake lines. Anything else?

Old 05-29-2016, 10:17 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Give it a THOROUGH inspection. Chances are good the tires, and anything else made of rubber is going to be dry rotted/weather-checked. So, vacuum lines, coolant hoses, BRAKE LINES, etc.

Change ALL the fluids. Including the gas in the tank.

Welcome to DF! And congrats on your find.

Quick Reply: 77 Aspen - Proud Owner!