GM finally listening to car buyers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 08:12 PM
ViperGTS
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM finally listening to car buyers?

More horsepower, scoops move GTOs

What do you do when your resurrected muscle car turns out to be a weakling in the marketplace? Add a pair of sleek hood scoops and some horsepower.

Sales of the 400-hp Pontiac GTO -- 50 more than the 2004 model -- are up 76.9 percent through May, and dealers are short of the Australia-made coupes.

Early sales had been disappointing since the December 2003 launch. For the first five months of 2004, GTOs sold at a rate that translated to just 7,300 a year -- well below GM's target of 16,000. This year, Pontiac says, it expects to sell 12,000 to 14,000.

Pontiac spokesman Jim Hopson says Los Angeles is the country's hottest GTO market -- an unusual feat for a General Motors car.

Critics griped about the 2004 model, which didn't have hood scoops or true dual exhausts. Says Hopson: "We listened."

So now that they've actually considered the publics opinions, I wonder if the Chevy branch will listen to people complain of how outdated they look and do something about it? Or the H1 ridiculous pricing?

-Matt-

Old 06-15-2005, 06:28 AM
Saint
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GM finally listening to car buyers?

ORIGINAL: Viper-GTS

So now that they've actually considered the publics opinions, I wonder if the Chevy branch will listen to people complain of how outdated they look and do something about it? Or the H1 ridiculous pricing?

-Matt-
Well Considering that a new barebones M1097A2 HMMWV costs the Marine Corps $40,000+, and an M1114 Up-Armored HMMWV is over $100,000, and with the exception of using the 6.5L turbo (that the M1114 and M1116 also use) and HMMWV Alpha, the Frame, and running gear is exactly the same as the ones that I worked on and Drove in Iraq. the H1s pricing isn't ridiculous, it really costs that much to make a civilain HMMWV.

Quick Reply: GM finally listening to car buyers?