This car is a POS

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 07:03 PM
MGDMike
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: This car is a POS

ORIGINAL: MidnightBlueNeon

It's a decent design, but it's way too underpowered... and so is the Stratus sedan...

ORIGINAL: ViperGTS

It looked great at the autoshow, quite fabulous just like the Lincoln Mark LT.
LMAO Matt said "quite fabulous"! [sm=happybounce.gif]
I guess Matts been watching the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous alot lately!

Old 01-26-2006, 08:11 PM
deranged
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you say OWWWWWWWWWWWW![sm=icon_beat.gif]

Old 01-26-2006, 08:23 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

This isnt their top model car.....the equivalent of a Zephyr would be like a Dodge Stratus....a Chevy Malibu.....Ford's 500....Toyota Camry....

This isnt a V8 powered car, and like Matt said, they looked good at the auto show...the pictures were very nice.

The 300's, Charger do not play with these cars....and 205lbs of torque is actually not bad at all for a FWD car...considering the Dodge Stratus 2.7L V6 produces 200hp and 190lbs of torque...
Unlike Dodge, Chevy, Ford, and Toyota, Lincoln is a luxury brand and has higher standards to meet than this. Cadillac tried something similar to this. It was called the Catera and it failed miserably. The cars that are likely to compete with this car are Chevorlet Malibu SS, Toyota Avalon Touring, Honda Accord EX, Pontiac Grand Prix GXP, Nissan Altima & Maxima SL models, and other cars that are not from luxury brands that offer just as many luxuries, just as much or more room, and a lot more hp & torque, for the same or less money. They will fail to sell their cars because most will pass this car over, because there are better options. Although 205 ft-lbs is not bad for a mid-sized car, it is not good for a $30,000 price tagged car with no higher option yet. Ford needs to offer more power than this.

Old 01-26-2006, 08:35 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: MG42pillbox

a 30K dollar Stratus eh?? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA Like I said, what a joke. WOW It Looks good? I can take a dump in a box and make the box look good if thats all ya want... I require more for my money.
I never said it was something I would buy, but you cant tell me that you havent seen worst priced vehicles....and I never said you should buy it over a Stratus... I just told you what it competes with.

Just like some of the MOPAR diehards on this board, there are FORD diehards who would buy it over a Dodge/Chevy.....

Never once did I say I would buy one or that it was the best car out there......and yet...I've seen worse...and you could do worse for a purchase....

Old 01-27-2006, 04:45 PM
srtommy
Veteran

Ford has a 300 HP Fusion coming to a dealer near you, soon. SVT version. A small V-8 like the one in the last Taurus SHO is possible.

Old 01-29-2006, 09:49 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

The Fusion is just a Ford 500 with a nice front end and some groaty looking wood panels thrown in...all at a cost over the 300.

I guess Matts been watching the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous alot lately!
Haha. I was going to ask what was so lmao about it

you cant tell me that you havent seen worst priced vehicles....
$300,000 for a $150,000 Ford GT. That was some great pricing/gauging...

-Matt-

Old 01-30-2006, 03:18 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: ViperGTS

The Fusion is just a Ford 500 with a nice front end and some groaty looking wood panels thrown in...all at a cost over the 300.
Not really...

Old 01-30-2006, 04:08 AM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: srtommy

Ford has a 300 HP Fusion coming to a dealer near you, soon. SVT version. A small V-8 like the one in the last Taurus SHO is possible.
Please tell me that they will use a displacement larger than 3.4L this time. That was such a stupid idea they had back in 1996. "Let's take a popular car line, take the performance model, add two more cylinders, but barely affect the displacement, so then it weighs more, sucks down more premium fuel, is so small that it has reliability issues, and gets its butt kicked by a supercharged 3.8L OHV V6 and is outpowered by a slightly larger 3.5L which has two less cylinders, gets better mpg, lasts longer, weighs less, and costs less. If they do it this time I hope they use the 4.4L version (an updated SHO V8) they are using in the Volvo SUV. Are they planning on offering it in either AWD or RWD. I know the normal model is FWD, but I'm hoping they have enough since to realize that it would have too much torque steer. Any manual option?

Old 01-30-2006, 04:09 AM
mech1nxh

just my humble .02$,
in all the years I was associated with FORD, LINCOLN produced a number
of "thier doing it, we need to do it " spin off designs, pricing and styling
based on the LINCOLN name,but never really a unique design/powertrain ......seems FORD is still hunting for that
"magic combo " with the mid sized "high end" marquee
the last design/powertrain combo from LINCOLN that I was impressed with was the 93 MKVIII, 4.6 DOHC V/8 RWD

personally I am thankfull I have old MOPAR IRON to restore...lol....BUT ...the soon to be offered CHALLANGER (I hope)
now thats a different situation alltogether!!!!! (looks at salesperson )I'll take that one in triple black ,please !!!!

Old 01-30-2006, 02:24 PM
srtommy
Veteran

ORIGINAL: 97 3.5 Intrepid

ORIGINAL: srtommy

Please tell me that they will use a displacement larger than 3.4L this time. That was such a stupid idea they had back in 1996. "Let's take a popular car line, take the performance model, add two more cylinders, but barely affect the displacement, so then it weighs more, sucks down more premium fuel, is so small that it has reliability issues, and gets its butt kicked by a supercharged 3.8L OHV V6 and is outpowered by a slightly larger 3.5L which has two less cylinders, gets better mpg, lasts longer, weighs less, and costs less. If they do it this time I hope they use the 4.4L version (an updated SHO V8) they are using in the Volvo SUV. Are they planning on offering it in either AWD or RWD. I know the normal model is FWD, but I'm hoping they have enough since to realize that it would have too much torque steer. Any manual option?
Nice observations. How about a 300 HP 5-cylinder engine though??