The 2008 Toyota Ram?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 12:12 PM
jdcovert
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The 2008 Toyota Ram?

Ya, that's pretty pathetic. It's looks like a Laramie Ram (a hideous one). It's got the same front bumper style. Stinkin Japs!!

Old 03-14-2006, 12:03 AM
HemiMan4451
Champion

I showed my Grandpa this 07' Tundra and he said "Looks like they tried to make a Dodge Ram."

Old 03-22-2006, 01:08 AM
sandiegohemi
Veteran

I thought the Titan was ugly when it came out, but this new Tundra, is the ugliest truck I've seen. Given a choice of Titan or new Tundra, I'd take a Titan.

I agree the fenders remind me of a Ram, but the lines are different on this truck than a 3rd Gen. Ram. I think Toyotas have always been plain and ugly, so this won't keep people from buying them. The real news is in the powertrain. 335 hp and 375 ft. lbs of torque isn't bad.

Old 03-22-2006, 01:20 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

What is REALLY crazy is that Toyota dealers are having problems getting rid of their inventory of their current trucks. Seems as though people are waiting for the new model to come out......

Dusty

Old 06-19-2006, 03:18 PM
dakota rampage
Rookie

look at that damn hood....looks just like a rams hood. their tacomas stole some design cues from the dakota..now they are doing it to the ram....i bet the tailaban is over joyed.toyota needs to pack up their **** and head back over seas...

Old 06-19-2006, 03:48 PM
shadowzform
Veteran

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

ORIGINAL: BigE

We all will have to wait for the next Ram body. I'm sure it won't look like anything else out there. Dodge does not follow industry truck design, they lead it!
That's rather funny, considering their current look is from a damn semi....
I don't know what semis are or what they are abbreviated from, but whatever a semi it, the Dodge makes it look good [8D] lol.

I'm not worried about them copying the ram, the next gen ram body will probably knock their socks off. I don't know about looks but we have been diong a good job of leading the truck industry so far...

Imagine, if it wasn't for the HEMI, Nissan and others wouldn't have the big engines they have in there now because tehre would have been noone as stand-outish to compete against. It's dodge that is setting all the benchmarks. Well maybe I'm being a little too "assuming", but as far as i know, The toyota and other future trucks are not looking like the ram by sheer coincidence.

Old 06-28-2006, 04:45 AM
Lmurray

Well, as the owner of a Durango, and former owner of a Toyota T100, I can tell you this; the Toyota is a MUCH better vehicle. I agree that the new Tundra stole a few styling cues from the Ram, but that is where it ends. Any comparison in motor displacement is superficial. The Toyota will be what all Toyotas are...reliable. The Dodge? Not so much. If you question this then you just don't know anything about cars. I invite you to look at Consumer Reports for verification. Oh, and whoever it was that said that Dodge is the best selling full size truck in America is clueless. According to what statistics? Ford is, was and will be for a long time the best selling full size truck in America.

Anyway, all anyone in this thread talks about is how ugly the Toyota is, and how good looking the Dodge is. I'm sure your mechanic will appreciate having your really nice looking truck in his shop as often as possible. I'll stick with reliability...especially since the Toyota is now a legitimate full size truck.

Scroll to the bottom to compare full size trucks.

Peace

Old 06-29-2006, 03:22 PM
dakota rampage
Rookie

toyota is number 2 # for the most recalls ford is number 1# chrysler is number 4# i had a 2002 toyota tundra no miles when i bought it. well ill say this much i could wright a damn book on all the **** to go wrong with it. bad breaks, bad rotors,tranmission troubles the 4x4 ****ing up all the time want me to go on???? traded it in for a 2002 dodge dakota reg cab 4x4 i still have it a strong hard running truck alot better then the pos tundra i had. my dakota has over 90,000 miles on it and it still runs like the day i drove it off the lot. now toyota redesigns its tundra to look like the ram even has a 5.7 engine as dodge. its just like what viper for sale said a few months ago. toyota is trying to play in to the dodge row.they want to be the dodge on the import side. my point ill never own another toyota as long as i live i think ill take a 06 hemi ram next month.

Old 07-01-2006, 11:34 PM
Lmurray

Dakota Rampage -
It definitely sounds like you had a bad experience, but that is much more rare with Toyota than any other brand, except maybe Honda. We all know people who swear by one brand and hate another because they have horror stories like yours. Again, check the reliability statistics. Toyota is almost always at the top.

The only thing I can say about the recalls (I'll have to take your word that Ford and Toyota are #1 and #2) is Dodge has been slow to issue recalls for known problems.

Don't get me wrong, I have owned Chrysler products for years, so I do like them. I have had one Jeep Cherokee, three Grand Cherokees, one Dakota and one Durango. The best Chrysler product I have ever owned is my 2000 Grand Cherokee, which my wife still drives to this day. My Durango has helped me establish a long term friendship with my mechanic. Go Figure.

I'm probably trading in the Durango for a new Tundra next year.

Peace

Old 07-02-2006, 05:25 AM
Zeppelinrocks
Veteran

i think consumer reports is full of S*** they love anything that is jap and they say anything american is decent. And why drive a toyota when you can drive a DODGE.

Quick Reply: The 2008 Toyota Ram?