PCM & Fuel Systems Talk about the powertrain control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

Tornado Fuel Saver?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 03:45 AM
casper
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tornado Fuel Saver?

ORIGINAL: 71RoadRunner

I too noticed that Auto Zone was carrying them and they are still at the infomercials low unbelieveable price of $69.99, for their high tech cut and welded scrap metal.[:'(]
LOL, thats a bargain

Old 03-14-2005, 04:56 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing better than a good dose of sarcasm. I noticed shortly after I posted here last night that they had their infomercial on FX, so I guess they are still going with them as well.

Old 03-16-2005, 03:52 AM
casper
Legend

I am sure there are plenty of idiots out there to buy them.

Old 03-16-2005, 07:04 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

I have heard good things about them from others who say they know people that have them, but I would have to see the results first hand to be able to believe them.

Old 03-16-2005, 07:08 AM
casper
Legend

I can't see them working, people port and polish to smooth the flow, why would you want turbulent air?

Old 03-16-2005, 09:19 PM
Grr287
Captain

ORIGINAL: casper

I can't see them working, people port and polish to smooth the flow, why would you want turbulent air?
They want turbulent air cuz then they can say they have their own patent and they can say how much better spiraling air is than straight air.....that's how they trick people.

BS

Old 03-17-2005, 04:35 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

There is a little logic in their advertising when they talk about increasing fuel mileage, however this will only apply to carburated or throttle body fuel injected vehicles. Multipoint or direct fuel injection doesn't apply as much since they inject the fuel directly into the combustion chamber. The way it does actually work is by causing the turbulence which helps to atomize the fuel into the air making it burn better and more completely, which makes more efficient use of the fuel. This can also improve low end power and response making it seems as though they have more power, which they do, but only at the low end, at the top end or at peak power they do nothing and may actually hurt the power and performance.

This is where porting in polishing come into play, they create more volume and smoother flow to maximize the amount of air getting into the cylinders which will increase peak power and top end performance.

Old 03-17-2005, 05:48 PM
casper
Legend

Yeah that sounds about right, but what your saying is that its no good for newer cars. So it is still false advertising.

Old 03-17-2005, 08:39 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hmm..so what would happen if i put 2 of them on? twice as good? or what if i put like 100 of them, all inline, on my ramcharger? would it take my MPG from 9 to like 900?

Old 03-19-2005, 01:31 PM
71RoadRunner
Legend

With their advertising claims, I'm sure that it will.[sm=grin.gif] And don't forget to line your entire exhaust with them, it probably works on both ends and this should cause the air to be forced in and sucked out of the engine effectively raising the compression at least ten times giving tou thousands of horsepower to play with.[sm=trust_me.gif][sm=ts.gif][sm=joke.gif]

Quick Reply: Tornado Fuel Saver?