PCM & Fuel Systems Talk about the powertrain control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

Tornado Fuel Saver?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 03:08 AM
spiffdank3.7
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tornado Fuel Saver?

JET SUCK, and the tornados dont spin, they just sit there, partially blocking the path of air through your intake, now since you seem to know something, DOES the air travel to fast thru your intake tube to be heated my your engine, DOES it matter, and if it does, doesnt metal( likie that shiny crome intake tube that looks real pretty) heat up hotter and faster than the non metal intake tubes that arent so pretty, would it make a difference to wrap the whole induction in insulation on a ram air system, the reason im asking is cause my COOL air filter is hot

Old 12-20-2005, 07:35 PM
casper
Legend

ORIGINAL: spiffdank3.7

JET SUCK, and the tornados dont spin, they just sit there, partially blocking the path of air through your intake, now since you seem to know something, DOES the air travel to fast thru your intake tube to be heated my your engine, DOES it matter, and if it does, doesnt metal( likie that shiny crome intake tube that looks real pretty) heat up hotter and faster than the non metal intake tubes that arent so pretty, would it make a difference to wrap the whole induction in insulation on a ram air system, the reason im asking is cause my COOL air filter is hot
Can we try English?

Old 12-29-2005, 02:31 PM
X_Spearmint
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: casper

ORIGINAL: spiffdank3.7

Can we try English?
I'm sure we could try, but since when has that ever worked? All I can say is go waste your 69.99 on the tornado, I'll go spend mine on a K&N filter and we'll see who gets more gains.

Old 12-30-2005, 01:26 AM
1994shadowman
Captain

I put a K&N Filter in my car and did notice a difference. It cost me 33.00. Why would i pay 69.99 for a piece of scientific tin when i got that much or more with the K&N for less than half that. And I have heard some horror stories from those things. They break apart in your intake. Can you say BOOM? In summary they are pieces of crap.

Old 01-05-2006, 03:28 AM
injmopar
Veteran

Defending a post that has been dead for 6 months....Seeing your a dealer post some pics. And don't use one of those UFO cameras.That way if I see one at a garage sale I can pick one up.Then the poor guy will have the 2 bucks that he should have risked paying the Ho that screwed him for 69.95 .

Old 01-08-2006, 02:15 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Those things have been around in one form or another for years. Don't ya think if we're facing $3.00 gasoline again next summer that everybody and their brother would be rushing out to buy one? Sorry, but this smacks of the Amsoil MLM system......pay a fee up front and we'll be nice and sell you some oil at $1.50-$2.00 over what you will pay for Mobil 1 per quart. (And please don't look at the UNBIASED test results on the internet......thanks)

A lot of people are going to give positive remarks after shelling out big bucks for a chunk of metal, no matter if it works or not. Folks like to believe they made a "good buy" and will go on record with positive comments rather than look like a fool admitting they got scammed. That's human nature and the marketers know it.....

Dusty

Quick Reply: Tornado Fuel Saver?