Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

WTF this is a bmw

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 02:24 PM
ScrapYurImport
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF this is a bmw

You guys might not believe this story because I still dont. I was driving around last night about 11:00 and there was this bmw in front of me and I had no intentions to race because im like no way in hell am I going to beat him, but he keeps speeding up and then hiting his brakes so im like im goin around this guy before i end up rear ending him. so I go to pull around him and of course he floors it. So I was like what ever and I just let him go. Well about another mile and a half down the road he slows down and lets me get on the side of him. So we are cruisin side by side at about 50 and he beeps at me so im like alright ill just racethem for fun so i dont look like a *****. So we slow it down to 40 and i put it in second gear. He looks at me and I gave him three beeps and we hit it. To my suprise it was dead even to about 5000 in second then i started to pull on him about 3/4 up to bout 1 1/2 of a car then I shift into 3rd and he catches up and pulls about 1/2 to 1 car on me at about 5500 we were dead even again this was the case all the way up to about 108mph then I just hit the breaks and so did he. But here is the interesting part. Instead of just blowin past in rage of furry that he just ran dead even with a neon, he slows down sticks his and out the window and gives me a thumbs up and says what do you got in thats thing. I told him just a few bolt ons and he said wowyou suprised me I said yeah I suprised myself. He gave me my props then said aight see ya around. I just thought it was cool that it was agood race and that the guywas soo cool. I could not see exactly what kind of bmw it was but im pretty sure it looked like this one. here is a site showing the specs on it! http://www.new-cars.com/2003/bmw/bmw...dan-specs.html

Ill try to get a pic up!

[IMG]local://upfiles/33097/5996B37CBD78488684F791A0DB260D31.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-21-2007, 02:34 PM
Qneon
Default RE: WTF this is a bmw

Now, he understands the power of Neon...

Old 04-21-2007, 02:35 PM
ScrapYurImport
Veteran

I think alot of people underestimate our little cars!

Old 04-21-2007, 03:06 PM
mmench
Captain

everybody does except for those who own one

Old 04-21-2007, 03:09 PM
mmench
Captain

i had a guy at college say that small 4cyl cars are slow as sht. so a friend of mine introduced me to him a i sadi lets race then. he asked what i drive (or wanted to race in) and i told him a neon. he chuckled and though i was joking. he drives a small block camaro. wen he told me he only ran a 16 flat i was the one laughing. i ran a 15.9 with oil drenched on my clutch and the motor shuttin off over 5k. that was good for no launch and a studdeering motor all the way down the track

Old 04-21-2007, 04:08 PM
Leonheart17240
Veteran

Ya to many people dis neons, a week ago i was out cruzing wtih some rice and a "race" 5.0 stang wanted to run me so i did and spanked him, and hes like i got a bad start lets go once more and the neon beat him 2 times then he left, and last night i race a 87 monte carlo ss and beat him so people that think neons are slow can shove it.... NEONS kick ***

Old 04-21-2007, 04:19 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it were an M3, it would have been a better story.

Old 04-22-2007, 06:27 AM
ScrapYurImport
Veteran

Im pretty sure I wouldn't stand a chance if that were the case!

Old 04-24-2007, 01:12 AM
R0oster31
Veteran

Hopefully the guy realized his car isn't all that good and he paid a lot of money for something that is really kinda worthless. I really hope he doesn't think he bought a fast car. If it was an M3 you would stand a chance from the line. Seems like a lot of people buy them and think that just because they bought something quick they will all of a sudden know how to drive, not so. I've taken an M3 before in my truck pretty easily and I know the guy was trying because he is one of my buddies, good guy, just doesn't know how to drive.

I think BMW's are over rated. I've diven a couple including the M3 and didn't really care for them. I've driven quite a few different cars, and the M3 reminded me of my girlfriend's hyundia accent, just the way it acted when you shifted. The RPM's seem to hang when I pushed in the clutch and had my foot completely off the gas, just slow coming down made it hard to shift fast and match the RPM. It had no back pressure, so when I down shifted to slow down it didn't do anything. It had more power than the accent of course but shifted the same. Maybe it is just because I'm used to bigger engines (had a diesel pickup since before I could drive, it was an '83 Ford, slow but fun) so I don't care for most cars, however I did like the Audi S-4 and of course the '69 vette I've driven. The vette is still by far my favorite car that I've driven even though it definitely needed a different motor, it had the old weak 350 that was only rated at 300 hp. I played with the carb and got it to stop running so rich you could smell unburnt fuel and fixed it so the four barrel opened nice and smooth and didn't stick until 4100 RPM so it ran just fine, but it still used oil.

Old 04-24-2007, 02:16 AM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^LMAO, about the M3 comments. You need to learn how to drive a car then. The M3 isn't the fastest car in the world, but it is fast.