Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

cobalt ss s/c kill lol

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 10:49 PM
Imlikedrpepper
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: cobalt ss s/c kill lol

ORIGINAL: flamingpinhead

there is actually a sticky on the stage kits.
here is modernperformance prices:
Mopar stage 1 : 439.99
Mopar stage 2 w/o toys. 939.99
Mopar stage 2 w toys. 1519.99

S3 upgrade:
$2669.99
Steel Wheel $2299.99

S3 kit:
$3169.99
Steel Wheel
$2749.99

Note: These are custom ordered with your vin number and mileage

S3 w/ toys kit:
$3789.99
Steel Wheel
$

and of course there are always the APG kits, and lots of other alternate kits out there. but mopar is the easiest way to go for plug-and-play

Perhaps you can share some of your knowledge of the SS and mods available for them. I know the S2 gives the SS a pretty nice powerboost.
Stage II bring it to 246hp (about 228whp) and 218lb of torque. 0-60 does to 5.8 from 6.1 with drag radials on lsd 0-60 goes to about 5.4 if driven right*** its about 1100 part and install. Kit included New Injectors, Smaller pulley (3.06inch something like that im not sure at this point) smaller belt and a new tune. You can get Stage I, that is pretty much everything but the pulley. There is stage III which is YET to be covered under gm warranty, but it comes with a smaller pulley(2.99in) and an entirely new PCM that is already set up for nitrous. and 100 octane mode. good about about 260-280 hp. with our cars is all about how cool we can boost as with all boosted cars, but there are a few cobalt ss supercharges out there that went to a complete turbo swap only pushing a couple more lbs of boost pushing 300+wheel hp on stock internals. Cobalts have a ****load of potential (the fasterest modified street legal race ready fwd car in the world is a chevy cobalt ss, pushing about 1000hp and passes smog )

For all you SRT's guys out there, dont be baggin on me, i know damn right what you cars can do, I am one to respect everyone. IF you guys have any real questions, him me up id be glad to answer them.

Old 06-01-2007, 05:56 AM
joshgish
Rookie

My wife has the saturn redline which is the same as the cobalt and as I have said before she has stage 2 and smaller pulleys,cai,exhaust and we are about even juct depends on who hits the gas first. I am the better driver so I win from a dig all the time but from a roll like I said we will stay right next to eachother if we start at the same time until a little into 4th I will start inching my way on her but we normally stop before anyone is really getting beat. I like her car and mine but they are like night and day driving them.The srt-4 feels like it is so much faster because of the torque but she is right there with me and has beaten me a couple of times.

Old 06-01-2007, 06:24 AM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

i think the redline has a nice sleeperish kind of potential. not many ppl would expect a saturn to be that quick.

Old 06-01-2007, 10:01 PM
Imlikedrpepper

The saturn has potential as a sleeper

Old 06-02-2007, 05:57 AM
Pressurecooker
Record Breaker

IMO Saturns have great potential. I know a guy here who had an older SL1 with the 1.9 turboed and was pushing 410 fwhp several years ago. The 1.9 has a good cyl head and fairly large valves. Plus the car is small and light.

Now I wanna throw some numbers at ya for more gee wiz. I have a full stage 2 w/toys that minus the exhaust, only set me back 660 bucks because I bought several components used from people who were upgrading. The Mopar website puts a stage 2 with toys at 278 hp and 300 ft lbs. Toys, in case anyone doesn't know, gives you dial a boost for a max of 16 lbs or so and the High Octane Mode switch.That's good for 13 more hp and 20 ftlbs more than Stg2 w/no toys. I have pieced mine from many sources and bought the Toys aftermarket for 100 bucks (Phrozen controller). Now I sincerely believe the power I quoted from Mopars site, will be what is at the front wheels. I say this because I dynoed 242 hp and 260 ftlbs at the wheels stock. Now I also believe I actually have about 300 hp and maybe 320 torque due to other mods like a full 3' exhaust and some others. So all in all I have about 1400 into the whole shebang and at least half of it was the very nice Corsa duals and Maxfabb DP etc. Now I havent dynoed it yet but I can safely assume the numbers I think I have are pretty accurate. The car runs like a scalded cat. I hope to have a 12.xx sec 1/4 to post soon. I know it's there. This is due in part to my also being a very sneaky mechanic with access to any kind of machinery I need. So I'm not saying I also have any intake/TB/or other mods, but you never know. Those however, didn't cost me anything but my time (hehe).
My point is just to list what kind of hp these cars really have stock, at the wheels, and what kind of power can be had if you're cheap and can do some wrenching/machining yourself like me. BTW my exhuast was no bargain and I know that, but I wanted the best and no one was selling one used.Even so, I think I'm doing well in the hp per dollar arena. Still, I want more and I'm not up to grinding my own cams, but I did recently see some new in the box secondhand Crowers.......

If anyone has a weblink to the 1000 hp Cobalt, I would like to see it.

Quick Reply: cobalt ss s/c kill lol