Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Hemi VS Tundra???

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 11:02 AM
motorider228
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hemi VS Tundra???

ORIGINAL: ThaChad

ORIGINAL: Pappy_FB

I'd race one just to see the Tundra cam explode. I wonder if they leak does rice drain out?

I dunno, do beans leak out of our Dodge's?

Since they are 100% made with parts from MEXICO. According to my Origionation Sticker.

As sad as it is, America has gotten soo expensive, most of the best made things come from everywhere BUT America.

But, I still don't know that I truck a V8 from any of the China/Japan car companies.

-TheChad
seems like you got screwed, just my motor was made in mexico. If 100% of your truck was then that sounds like a ****ty deal to me.

Old 06-10-2007, 12:27 PM
abarmby
Champion

I'd race one just to see the Tundra cam explode. I wonder if they leak does rice drain out?

Since they are 100% made with parts from MEXICO. According to my Origionation Sticker.

As sad as it is, America has gotten soo expensive, most of the best made things come from everywhere BUT America.

But, I still don't know that I truck a V8 from any of the China/Japan car companies.

-TheChad
It's the same in England as well bud[:@]
Just about every foreign company in the world, is buying up UK companies and selling stuff on the backs of people who made the companies great in the first place.
Look at Rolls Royce............VW now. Sigh.......[:@]

Old 06-10-2007, 01:17 PM
deanj287
Captain

i raced one on the highway. i pulled on him pretty bad too a hundred then backed off cuz johnny law is not so nice round dallas... i want to take one from a dig but i can never get next to one at a light where we are both lined up.. i know some guys on the other forums that have smoked em but they are no where near stock. i think stock for stock the tundra with the 5.7 will wipe our clocks... ive seen a couple of dyno sheets from them and they lay down a VERY healthy 300+ whp.

Old 06-10-2007, 01:56 PM
Ram_Sport
Record Breaker

what did that movie prove? limited slip vs. no limited slip?

Old 06-10-2007, 02:07 PM
cmoschip
Rookie

ORIGINAL: Pirata

ORIGINAL: John M

Any of those truck "tug o' war" videos all come down to who's got the most traction, not the most power. Crappy tires, or one truck just being heavier than the other will instantly decide the outcome.
Yup. Personally I think the people who make those tests have too much ***** envy for their own good.
For me, if I was interested in comparable power and quality/reliability I would have waited for the Tundra. But, power being abotu on par, it's a hands down decision with looks - the Ram is just a beautiful truck. I come from a long line of Toyota ownership - many different vehicles, several small trucks - if I had to pick a Tundra or a Ram to drive solo into the desert (or other remote spot) for days I think I'd lean towards the Tundra. Outside of that, my Ram rocks.

Old 06-10-2007, 08:52 PM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker

-TheChad
Humm, mine says 74% US / Canadian

Also am I wrong here, isn't Mexico inCentral America?

[IMG]local://upfiles/59926/1DBFD10EFC8D494D93129D89DAF607B2.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-11-2007, 12:17 AM
hemiman123456
Veteran

wow, what u cant see is the weights that are proabably in the tundra.....now lets see a tundra vs. cummins.....hahaha.......that would be great......

Old 06-11-2007, 01:52 AM
livetokite
Veteran

i was curious about this too. one of my friends dads just got a new tundra and he thinks he's hot **** now around me cause he thinks he can beat me lol.

i wana race him.

we are both bone stock.. i think him beating me will make him think he's even more hot **** lol

to bad my trucks better than his ricer crap

Old 06-11-2007, 02:08 AM
djr04
All Star

ask him how many rams had problems with camshafts falling apart and seizing the engine. haha, "Toyota quality"

Old 06-11-2007, 02:26 AM
Ben D.
Champion

I heard about that problem too. Probably right rice does leak out.

Quick Reply: Hemi VS Tundra???