Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

1st time with a stick

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 12:04 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1st time with a stick

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

i was also impressed that just pulling the juice trigger in 3rd/4th gear pushed me from a 16.75 to a 16.30

mmmmmmmmmm....juice...
Thats a nice improvement in time. I'm waitin for my buddy with a 1st gen neon to put a 50 shot on it so I can run him. It would be real close I think. His best without n2o is 16.7, mine is 16 flat, it would make for quite an interesting race.

Old 10-20-2004, 05:35 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: mopartodd

I think back in the 90's whe the Neons came out that one of the MoPar Mags. hooked N2O on a rental neon at the Nats. They got into the 12-13's range before it broke a rocker. That was an automatic car too. they also drove it back to the rental place like that. They also used a dry system that feed directly into the intake after the air filter.
I don't know if they ran it at the Nats, but there was indeed a Mopar mag that used a rental car Neon and showed you how to install nitrous and they kept stepping it up until there was a pop sound that blew the air box apart. It was a DOHC Neon and they were fine even with the 125 shot, it wasn't until they doubled the engines horsepower with the 150 shot before it blew. They took all the nitrous stuff off and returned it to the car rental agency. I have this issue somewhere in my vast collection of Mopar mags.

Old 10-20-2004, 12:10 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i was mostly worried that my streak would come to an end when i raced the sebring. i know this entire year, and at least the last few months last year, i didnt lose in the first round. i dont keep that close of attention to local events, but i know i havent lost in the first round since columbus Last year.

and without a motor, the odds are i wont lose at all for the rest of this season.[]

Old 10-20-2004, 10:20 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

That's one (hard) way to stay on a winning streak......[sm=exactly.gif]

Old 10-20-2004, 11:08 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

yeah..i was very very pissed when the motor blew. i just wanted to go home...and wallow in my own misery. but my buddy paid to get in, and we didnt wanna leave him by himself. so i decided to run his car in my class, because i knew he wouldnt care. so i tried to be as pleasant as possible, and the winning streak helped a bit.

Old 10-21-2004, 12:38 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

I don't know a lot about drag racing, since whenever i go its just test and tune day. But were you bracket racing? You dial in a time and see how close you can come to it? That what you were doing? Sorry for the idiot question. You can tell I haven't been there a lot.

Old 10-21-2004, 03:28 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

bracket racing indeed...

Quick Reply: 1st time with a stick