Any good races lately? - Page 4 - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Racing Talk
Reload this Page >

Any good races lately?

Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Any good races lately?

Old 01-22-2008, 10:12 AM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper
Default RE: Any good races lately?

It's the drivers of cars that give that give the cars a bad rep IMO.
i 100% agree, most people that drive neons r punck kids that done even know how to build a car just add stupid **** like wings and gay bodykits...... lol gives the guys that build them a bad name even though they will take out the "it sa v8 and i will smoke u guys" lol

Old 01-22-2008, 10:16 AM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

oh yeah, i lost to a kid pedaling a bike yesterday hahah (neon is torn down) hahahahahhhahaha

Old 01-25-2008, 02:16 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

Thought I was gonna have on my hands about 2 weeks ago on my way home from work. I was getting on the freeway and it has a ramp that merges both directions from the road I was on onto the same ramp. There was a car from the other direction coming as I was getting on so I made sure I got ahead for merging into traffic. I needed to get over all 3 lanes to hit the other ramp I need, but it was a couple miles ahead giving me ample time. The car that followed me up the ramp gets over before I do andit rapidly approaches, it's in the far lane I eventually need and I've gotten into the middle. This car gets beside me and hangs there, it's a fairly new Monte Carlo SS. I speed up slightly, about 5 mph and he stays beside me and the same happens when I slow downand this is just becoming annoying. Then the one in the SS revs at me, I only heard it because my window was down about an inch, and I hear the obvious sound of a V8. I only knew of them having the supercharged V6 at best. After that I figure they're wanting to race or keep me from getting over or something. So I just said screw it, dropped it to 4th and gave it about half throttle and take off to get ahead of them and the semi that's between an 1/8 to 1/4 of a mile ahead, but I had to commit to it since the ramp I need in that lane was comming up quickly. They didn't follow, so I don't know what their deal was, maybe they thought they would lose, maybe they were trying to intimidate meor maybe they didn't figure they could get around the semi before the exit or something I don't know, but they didn't continue and I'm pretty sure it was them that I saw on the street I got off on later a few miles after the ramp onto the other freeway I needed and they didn't do anything then, so I don't know.

I looked it up to find out that the '06-'07 SS's have an ls4 V8 that has 303hp and 323tq, but couldn't find much as far as stock times, one said Motorweek had it at 6.0 for 0-60mph and 14.4 at 101 in the 1/4 and another listed 5.8 to 60mph and 14.7 at 98 in the 1/4. It could have been fun had they run.

Old 01-25-2008, 03:37 AM
scg87
Veteran

^ They're decently quick cars. Low 14's w/ a good driver. They're some torque-steering bitches, though.....[:@]

And too pricey IMO....

Old 01-25-2008, 06:38 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

I didn't catch their prices, but I did read something about them being out of production now and they were going to be back or might be back with the new RWD platform GM is coming out with.

Old 01-25-2008, 07:33 PM
scg87
Veteran

Well, the Gran Prix is being replaced by the G8, which is rwd. The Impala is also supposed to have a rwd successor. There's no word yet on theMonte Carlo.....

Old 03-27-2008, 02:51 AM
94Ramsey
Professional

i raced a hemi charger from the lights, hitting about 50 and just walked away. the weird thing is how can a 5.2 beat a 5.7? still waiting to see what my truck will do against all these stupid lil ricers.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:41 PM
scg87
Veteran

^ It either wasn't a Hemi or the guy wasn't trying. You've got a high 15 sec truck. That Charger is a low 14 sec car.....

Old 03-27-2008, 11:37 PM
94Ramsey
Professional

i guess he wasent trying, lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any good races lately?

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: