Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

I redeemed the Neon and Killed a 2000+ Mustang!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 10:36 PM
Slashwannabe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I redeemed the Neon and Killed a 2000+ Mustang!

I was cruising the ave tonight and this old dude in his late 50s was on my *** with his brights on blinding me in my mirrorsand it made me feel like a piece of ****!

Anyways he gets along side of me at about 30mph and stomps on it to try to cut me off cuz he was mad I slowed him down to 25 earlier so now he's along side of me and he stomps on it and I stomped on it and I instantly took a 1 car lead on him and thenhe caught up once 2ndgear engagedandpulled even with me andstarted to pull on metill 2nd gear got into the power band and literally owned the living **** out of him before we had to stop for traffic. He was so pissed at me when he tried to cut me offand myy Neon didn't allow it thathe shook his fist and I almost thought he was an off duty cop the way he was so pissed that I owned him with my Neon.

I didn't know exactly what kind of Mustang it was but it had a V8 badge on it and it got smoked by a car length from a 4 cylinder Neon! The guy was really in a hurry and he was trying because after I smoked him I gave up racing cuz my car proved a point and I watched him go super sonic through the City cutting people off, he was pushing close to 60+ in a 35mph zone weaving in and out of cars, the guy was fkn nuts so I later caught up with him in a traffic jam and got his plate number and called the cops on him cuz he was going soexcessivly fast through the city.

I feel good I chalked up a Win vs a Mustang for the Neon crowd! I feel good cuz this mustang had some ***** when I wasn't in my powerband he took full advanatge of that but once I got into mine I edged him out. It was close (about a car length lead I had) but for a V8 vs a 4 Cylinder that was a good race. It also was good to have my rebuilt transmission with thickerracing clutches and new steelsengaging faster than a normalAutomatic it helped alot cuz I didn't have no lost time once it shifted into 2nd gear even though I was below my powerband.

if you guys ever seen the movie "Bullit" from 1968 it was alot like that with a Green Mustang and a Black Mopar....lol

Old 10-13-2007, 08:31 AM
Burnnout
All Star
Default RE: I redeemed the Neon and Killed a 2000+ Mustang!

With your mods listed in your Sig. I don't see how in the world you could have even kept sight of any v8 mustang......not putting you down or anything, but hard to believe none the less. Good Kill......

Old 10-13-2007, 10:03 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

shy of maybe the Mustang II, there has never been amustang GTbuilt that wouldnt beat a stock auto 1st gen neon. the absolute SLOWEST mustang GTs ever built are in the low 16s...

what is a "V8 badge"? what didthe badgelook like?

sounds like you were racing, he was driving...

Old 10-13-2007, 11:51 AM
LAKOTA169
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A street racer calling the cops on a speeder. Kind of like a pick pocket calling the cops on a shoplifter.

Old 10-13-2007, 03:05 PM
96ACR*
Veteran

No not really.. if he was street racing were no cars were or anyone else to get hurt then theres a difference cuz the other guy was in and out of traffic cutting people off. there for someone else could of got hurt..

Old 10-15-2007, 12:21 AM
2000GT

I am calling BS here. IF it was a mustang gt it would have owned you. What did the V8 badging consist of? The only badging it would have is a small GT emblem on the side. If you told me you owned it with a charger then yea i believe you.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:11 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

ORIGINAL: 2000GT

I am calling BS here. IF it was a mustang gt it would have owned you. What did the V8 badging consist of? The only badging it would have is a small GT emblem on the side. If you told me you owned it with a charger then yea i believe you.
that was what I was illuding to...

Old 10-15-2007, 11:26 AM
Burnnout
All Star

His mod list changed since I posted that ...... if he is running 8 psi and running 14.2's then it was def. possible.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:47 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

hmmm...it has certainly changed.

Old 10-15-2007, 03:46 PM
contagious19
Champion

i killed a v6 mustang but not a v8. i kept up wit a v8 for a lil then it takes off on me

Quick Reply: I redeemed the Neon and Killed a 2000+ Mustang!