Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

First Post-Crossfire vs. Cavalier

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 05:11 AM
Thecrossfirekid
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Post-Crossfire vs. Cavalier

I was on my way home from work, pretty tired cause I worked from 7-4 on about 4 hours of sleep. I just wanted to get home. So here I am on Highway 31 going home, when I see a Cavalier with a body kit and his little "noise maker" exhaust at a red light. And it must of been my lucky day cause I made it to the light while it was still red. I looked over just to see what was done to the car, and it was the ususal (for here in wisconsin) body kit, noise maker. wal-mart rims, and tinited windows. But I was suprised to see a carbon fiber hood. Then all of a sudden he looks at me and I here this weed wacker sound, then realize it was his car. Now it was a sunny day and I couldn't see the crosslights due to galre. But I am familiar with the road and had a good idea when the light was going to change. GREEN, Launched form about 2500 rpm's for just enough wheelspin and I just took off and didn't look back. When I looked down and saw 80 he was a good three cars back. Did he already give up? bad shift? scared? who knows. When we got to the next light (which happened to be red) he didn't even look at me and took of from the light like an old lady. Now that gets me pissed. I won't lie I've lost to other cars, weather it be a bad shift or launch or jsut a better car. I have gone up against vettes and even a ferrari once. I know car-car I'll loose, but its the fun of the "sport" and if your going to rev your engine, take off hard and fast, get whooped and then act like a little kid when you loose, then why even start stuff. But thats how all the little kids with their lawn mower engines and weed wacker exhausts are around here. sorry for long read.

Old 03-05-2005, 03:32 PM
TorqueDemon
Professional
Default RE: First Post-Crossfire vs. Cavalier

Good. Put that Chevy in it's place. And what's with the craze about high-pitched engines? I mean, sometimes it's cool, but it's gettin' outta hand. I like the loud, low roar that has some depth to it. Ya know, the kind of engine war-cry that is almost tangible.[sm=drooldude.gif][sm=gears.gif]

Old 03-05-2005, 04:24 PM
Danko

I guess I find it unusual to have Chrylers on the Dodge forum but with the SRT nominclature it can be understood. Glad you are having fun, but if I raced a Cavalier with a $30K plus vehicle........ I am not sure I would tell people? I just checked. Cavaliers have 140 h.p. if no older than 2003 and are starting for $10,880 sticker w/o the $1000 rebate and have fewer cylinders. I think they had about 110 h.p. prior to 2003. Please tell us about what you have run with a comparable h.p. to weight ratio as yours. Your car stickers for more than the Magnum R/T's. Have you run against one of them or anything similar? Hell! Your sticker is near the SRT-8's sticker, isn't it? The falling U.S. dollar has caused Mercedes to have to raise their prices. Keep on draggin'!!! I grew up dragracing nightly and it was truly a wild adrenalin flowing time. When I got married and took my wife onto Gratiot in my '66 427/425 roadster, she did not appreciate it and I have cut back more and more as more kids were born........ Getting old sucks but I still have some h.p. on the driveway and enjoy using it once it a while.

Old 03-05-2005, 06:16 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

nice kill

he wanted to mess...kill him liek the rest

Old 03-05-2005, 08:23 PM
Grr287
Captain

I'm familiar with a 2004 Crossfire, seeming how my mom has one.....and i dont mean to hate but you were only 3 car lenghts ahead of a cavalier at 80? Shoulda been way more than that. And I agree with Danko.....i wouldn't post about my crossfire beating a cavalier. Especially if you only won by 3 cars. Sorry, man.

Old 03-05-2005, 08:43 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

obviously some seasoned racing posters here....

ive seen an all engine cavalier ran low 14s/high 13s....and ive seen a blown cavalier run in the 12s, and it was completely unbadged...

i say if someone is gonna doll up any vehicle to look fast, they have to take their lumps like everyone else...

when i worked for dodge, i could have bought a 93 viper for 23k...so by your financial means, if i bought it, i could only post about races agaisnt other cars that cost 23k?

good idea...

Old 03-06-2005, 11:38 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NIce kill. I don't care if the other person was in a little red wagon with bowtie (gay-mo) stickers on it, if they rev you, they deserve what they get. Too bad the Crossfire wasn't running that POS on a winding road where the Crossfire really would have shined.

Old 03-06-2005, 02:48 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

yes exactly^^^^

if he wanted to mess..give it to him

Old 03-06-2005, 05:26 PM
casper
Legend

A race is a race, he reved, he could have had NOS, a turbo, or $20,000 in engine parts.

Old 03-07-2005, 04:33 AM
Thecrossfirekid
Rookie

I understand that it was only "a cavalier" but come on, aftermarket exhaust, body kit, carbon fiber hood. This clearly isn't stock nor meant to be stock, just a cry to get whooped. And the three car lengths was cause I let off the gas, at the time. I Can't afford to get a ticket. especially doing at least 35 over. I was lucky and got out off a ticket when I first got the car and got caught doing 130 in a 40. Ouch. So I am a little more cautious now. And as far as the high pitched engine weed wacker sound. I can't stand it. Today I saw a Mach 1 Mustang with aftermarket exhaust, loud as hell even when he was cruising through the parking lot. Thats how a car should sound. And as far as the 30 sticker price, I like most Crossfire Buyers didn't buy it just for performance. But the look and style as it turns heads even to those who know what the car is. I could of bought an srt4 and dropped 10 grand into it, or wrx, or evo, or even a used z06, I could go on, and on, but I grew out of wanting to tune cars phase, I guess it happened when I got out of high school. but where I live there are only two other crossfires in town. One is owned by a doctor, and the other works with my dad at DC, (employee discount is nice to get, and working at the dealership don't hurt either) Thanks for all the replies. The crossfireforum is nice, but seems like hardly anyone visits, and since I like to talk about cars this seemed like a good board.

Quick Reply: First Post-Crossfire vs. Cavalier