Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

srt-4 vs camaro Z28

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 02:10 AM
moparmanjames
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: srt-4 vs camaro Z28

ORIGINAL: GeosRam

3rd Gen Camaro in stock trim were a joke. I used to go out with my V6 Grand Am and whoop them.
An LS1 is a beast of a different color. Sure it is an F-body, but the engine is just soooo different.
Especially considering the amount of fuel it sucks down.
Yeah, they sucked stock, the funny thing is, GM didn't even need to design
a new smallblock (LS1), all they did was basically change the cam and put high flow heads on.
They redesigned the block, but they only did that for racing, it doesn't become a factor at the relatively low hp levels of the stock engines.
What's funny is watching the new Chevy boys scratch their heads when they get beat by an older style Camaro with an old 350 built by someone that knows what their doing.

Old 09-29-2005, 10:13 PM
SHAKNBAK

Race him with better tires. I've seen cammed ls1s run only 9.1 in the 1/8th. The best thing would be to race from a 5mph roll and limit the distance of the run. Otherwise, START MODDIN' QUICK!!!

Old 09-29-2005, 11:13 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

while ive seen plenty of LS1s in the rear view on the track, i know of a certain cammed LS1 that is running low 12s...

Old 11-28-2005, 03:13 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

[quote]raced NASA/SCCA and been draging for years. as far as the ls1 goes from what i remeber in hot rod they used the SAE J-1349 wicth corects data to 60 degree air temp and 29.23hg borometric pressure so the results are greater than real world driving condtions. from what i remember they added the vette maifolds and ran 2 1/2 exshust and maybe have a differant cam spec or something im not sure i didnt really pay too close attention. but whatever you have a "11 sec car" so your the man and know more than me. to bad my datsun with 223whp ran a better time than that on 91 octane. before you comment on that its a 71 datsun 1200 that weighed 1800 with me in it. 60 foots where 1.8's and trap speed where 111-117 i ran a best of 11.7@ 113 that was about 4 years ago tho. i was the first to put a ka24de(91 240sx dohc motor, 50mm mikunis(thats over 1000cfm im sure your dodge doesnt even run that)ported head/custom grind cams (pulled up to 9k) in a 1200 but now i have a tube chassis and a sr20det in it i have a t3/t4 set up and makes 340rwhp @14.5psi with my new set up i havent ran it yet but im sure i can break 10's ive yet to ad the cams/greddy manifold/cam gears/.. but yea like you said i need to get a clue maybe some of my facts are off on the ls1 but then i really dont care. im glad you had a laugh.to bad we whernt talking about how fast your car is. it wasnt about your car it was about a race between him and the camaro. and scince you wanted to show off how fast your car is i thought i would too. whatever. cant wait to see what your gunna write about now. to bad im getting shot at all day here in iraq so i dont have more time to talk to you. id love to hear more about how fast your car is. oh wait this post wasnt about your times slips was it? oh well. i dont want to start argument with you. beacuse i like your car and thats a decent time. i just dont like the fact you came in here acting like i just made it up.

kas were only known for 150 hp translation maybe 120 to the wheels...redlines were @ most 6500 rpms I dont see how this can even break 7200 rpms w/ agressive cams and a bigger throttle body unless you are talkin about an sr20....The ka altima they stripped down to 2000 lbs ran best of 14s...w/ a turbocharger I could see putin up that kind or whp but definately not n/a. I believe the sr20det can get you there quite easily and the redlines too, i used to shift mine around 8000 rpms so Iknow it has that high of a rev... I have had a few nissans and like em but think parts for em are unfrikkinbelievable for their cost.....or special order this/and japan models that.....i beat my friends 92 camaro 5 times w/ an rs eclipse

Quick Reply: srt-4 vs camaro Z28